Wednesday, October 6, 2010

70 mph storm went through my neighborhood

By the time the porch windows were opened and I walked into the bedroom the bed room windows were about to break  


It went from 95* plus to 50* plus with 5-10 minutes
So yesterday I was praising God clapping thanking him for the rain as it began.

Well it rained harder and harder within a 2 minute time dumping!


The wind and rain were literally horizontal. Hail at the front door

running to the front door pouring!

 These are shots in sucession
watch the street

within a 5 minute time line

 The water was white water. Thank God my home sits on high ground. I learned that yesterday.
This is at the end of my drive way. The rain stopped instantly.
 Looking up my street.
The homes of the other believers (Christians) on the other side of the street received VERY little damage if any. All around the community every 4th house or so had fell trees and roof damage.
We were fine only the tarp on the canopy received some tears in it.
We had just trimmed the big tree last weekend or so.

As I walked to the corner. White water.




That is my white truck to the left.



my truck to the right

the junction where the cross street merges 3 houses don the street

3 homes down from me

this is the bus stop corner

Looking up the street toward my home. My home is on the right 4houses up.

the middle of the street. Ya I know but I am adventurous like that

toward the north at the bus stop (kids school bus stop)






Walking home this corner house is across the street, one house at the diagonal.

my neighbor directly across she sustained minor roof dammage

Within 30 minutes we have amazing drainage on my street!


Please pray for my neighbor. She has surgery today. She only lost two roof tiles
 This sweet Sister in Christ has a husband who is in full care home with Alzheimer's.
In the facility they have what is called Sun downers. They scream, band and throw things at night. Scares her poor in-cognoscente husband so bad he shakes. She is really hurting so bad.






My back yard, pea size hail. Up north it was gulf ball size.

flooded the back yard, no biggy.

hail under my windows


I took a drive around the neighborhood close by










down at the park well talk more about this later





oh these poor souls




ripped the center out of this tree. Some say it may have been a funnel cloud spotted

 I went in and dried the window seals. For the first storm with the windows in the living room open only for 2 minutes and the wind hit that hard. It had even gotten into the window seal and the floor was wet. (minor)

So just an hour after the first storm I was talking to Steve on the phone...I told him "here it cames again!"
He said "surly it will be no big thing the big one passed"




this within one or two shutter flashes







 This is the second river flow of the day...It happened one more time just after Steve got home from work just as bad again. Three in one days time less than a 5 hour window.
This door is very recesses and it got soaked. That how hard the wind was blowing.



this is the second time the corner flooded within an hour and a half




These guys that live down the street will have lots of work this week.




remember second time in less than two hours

 The kids get home and the rain had stopped just for them for about 20 minutes We kids :) have to play in the rain. So after all the flood through you just know my streets are clean.
Steve gets home and a third time it hits. The kids play in the rain. 
Over the week end we had filled our raft to sell it. No one called on it and it was filled in the garage. This raft takes a long time to fill. But there it was begging a fun time.

 This is only 2-3 feet deep. The water retention field below the park. 
They had a ball!

 It was so funny Dove was singing some old Huckleberry Fin song
They were trying to row. Note they were just going in circles.


I love this shot!



Dove is a crazy kid!
























They even had three mallard ducks join them


I turned around and note how fast the sky was blue again.
We had another rain over night. They say on average our little area had three inches in the afternoon. Thats not including what ever we had in the night. That retention lake was empty this morning. I really must hand it to the enginers who designed our neighborhood. The drainage was truly amazing.

All this and a good bit of adventure. 
Our home....
NO DAMAGE!

5 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Donetta, you truly captured the storm in photos! I was driving on the 101 when it suddenly began pouring so hard and hailing. It was hard to see the road and so traffic immediately slowed down. I got a few photos but nothing like you did. I love the photo you loved. :)

We didn't get flooding like your neighborhood did. You have such a heart for others. I love that you share a prayer request for your neighbor who is going in for surgery and dealing with a husband who is not well himself. I just said a prayer for them.

Hugs to my Arizona neighbor,
Debbie

Denise said...

Wow, thanks for sharing the pictures sis, so glad you, your family, and your home are safe. Praying for your neighbor, and her husband.

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my word.....what a storm. so glad you had no damage to your home...and the kids had some fun. :)

JUST A MOM said...

DONETTA!!!!!!!! I COULD NOT GET PAST THE REST OF YOUR PICTURES FAST ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW PATTY HER HUBBY IS MY FAVORITE RESIDENT HE IS MY BUDDY!!!! OHMY GOSH GOD PLACES PEOPLE IN WEIRD PLACES!!!!!!!! believe me he is very safe with us my co-worker and I watch over him sooooooooooooooo close he does fine,,, he is in no harm and we make sure of that!!!!!!CAN'T BELIEVE IT WHEN I SAW HER PICTURE I SAID"SHUT UP I KNOW HER"!!!!! WOW WEIRD!!!!!

Denise said...

What a fun post!!!!!! Loved all the pictures! Thankful that you were spared any damage! The photo's of the kids in the water are priceless! You will look back on those one day and have great joy in those memories......

Beautiful weather here, I am digging in the dirt. It is good for the soul....

Sending Thursday smiles and a big hug!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness