Sunday, November 15, 2009

A security screen door


 before my lovely front door with my favored black wrought iron scroll work I so love.
When I was in JR high school I actually worked in the welding shop.
Something new you may not of known.
I was the only girl in metal shop.
 
Steve set to task and we enjoyed working together.
 
 Day's end here
This day began with a mission to find a door that we could feel not only safe with but that would complement the house on our budget.
I searched on Craig s list and then on line at Lowell.
On line I saw this door and really loved it.

I called a local store who told me that no longer stock this door.

However they have two of them in stock in the clearance section.
Then Jason the salesman had me wait to go and check the door to see if they might have one in good shape, He did!

A door installed would begin around $800 not including hardware of the knobs or dead bolts.

On clearance they were just recently reduced again down to $201.!
With the dead bolt and door knob, and the other supplies out the door around $260? ish.
 

We have to order a new threshold riser if we choose too.

Is that an amazing match!
I am so happy with it.
I have wanted this for years. Now I have more control over those annoying people who try so hard to get a hand in our pockets. It is so nice I could even leave the door open for fresh air now.
We placed the handle away from the window glass.
Now we have a secure front door.

Thanks be to God for such a perfect provision.

Hope you all had a greet week end.

I spent the night teaching Dove to comfort herself and to renew her mind by singing old 1800's hymns.
I told her when I could not sleep through all those hard years when I had a hard time with things in my mind this is how I would get to the other side so I could sleep.
YES she slept until at least 2 a.m. or so and then I slept beside her until morning.
Inch by inch. I conditioned her hair tonight and let her pretend to shave her legs with me.
I love having a daughter.

6 comments:

Annette said...

What a lovely door, I still would find a place to put those gorgeous corner strolls, maybe right on the corner's?? they are way to pretty not to be put out. I love screen doors on the front door, so many styles to chose from now. I can remember once when I bought Amanda & Johnathon both fake razors and cream for Christmas stockings, and they thought they had the real macoy, it was just too cute, Johnathon would shave every night, and ask if he missed a spot, and Amanda would have me feel her legs for smoothness, then when she did start shaving for real, she left the back of her calf's with hair, she figured people only see the front, and Johnanthon only shaves every other day, that's all mother nature has required of him, yet.
Children are so much fun!!!! then they become young adults, YIKES

Lots of love and HUGE hugs~
I love you
Annette

p.s.
smiled at your comment =)

Marsha said...

The door is absolutely beautiful! And I love the way the Lord graciously blessed you with it.

Blessings.

Susie said...

Both doors are GORGEOUS!!

Denise said...

I love the door....... Matches perfect! The Father God is also so interested in what door we put on our house..... What a God!

Denise said...

love your new doors sis. You are truly blessed to have a beautiful daughter, I love you.

Anonymous said...

A family member linked me to your website. Thanks for the resources.
Feel free to surf my homepage Roller Shutters Wollongong

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness