Monday, November 16, 2009

Meal Plan Menu






 Good Morning

The week is off to a start.
In a few hours ramping up to full speed ahead!

so with this pot of tea Mr Earl Grey and I will do the morning post fore all those tasks begin.
It is good to start a day this way.

My menu reflects the schedule of this full week.
I will set to all the tasks I can attend this mornig.
budget entry for balance tonight
Laundry garden water and car
kitchen and dishes
enchiladas for supper tonight
perhaps some menu work for the Thanksgiving meal.
My MILove has welcomed us to her home. We will have a sweet simple celebration of thanks.
Steve and I have prayed and we were trying to figure out how I could pull it off this year.
I have to testify at a trial that I was a witness on Thursday and do not know how long it will be that I have to do so . I am the main witness.
Every day this week is a full schedule with the exception of Friday unless the trial is still going.
We were praying what to do if we were to budget going out to supper with the grandparents and his brother or if I might be able to get a magazine to lead me brain dead through a do ahead meal preparation.

We received the very kind very generous offer to sup at their table with some reservation for this is a lot for my MILove to do even if I help a lot.
We are at grand-parenting age ourselves.
This is for many that time to slow down.
HA!
Slow down....?
I have often told folks we had our retirement first.
Steve told me that it is so strange ...going to work is the easiest part of his day it is like going to rest. Being home is where all the work is.
I so empathize, but he has been pulling a lot of my load while I get through the knee stuff.


The EMDR therapy for the PTSD will begin again today. OH!
Good thing that I can do all things through...
This is a collage assignment to have images that calm and sooth me while we bring up and address the memories that will then have the EDMR technique applied. The images are to support me if the memories are too much.
So boy howdy!
What I understand is that this is some kick ya in the pants hard type of process .
Hard but VERY freeing.
So I pay the effort to gain the greater good.
A little sadness fills me to think of the hard work I have ahead of me here.
I love my collage however and the images do bring me joy.


 I look to the hill from whence comes my peace.


So Dove and Dash set the "grandchildren" up for a day of school in their absence.
Tree frog is teaching and when one of the "kids" complained of the lesson "teachers" retort was
:)
"Don't argue with me I don't make the rules I just have to enforce them"
I was walking by the room at that and laughed a good hardy out loud laugh.
Hit me so funny.
I was told that if I have to "dismiss" class to work on the room...to please keep all the students together.
I love my kids they are so sweet.
 
I explained to Dash over the weekend a little bit about his sister.
I asked him if he ever sorta felt more like her big brother sometimes.
He does often.
So I carefully explained that his sister like everyone has special needs that make then able to do things. Strengths and weaknesses.
We all defer to the weaker among us out of kindness and compassion.
I told him of how when a kid is like 5 or 6 the learn to tell the difference between pretend and real.
Then I told him Dove did not grow there.
His eyes got big and soft.
"mom will she ever grow up there?"
"I do not know, but she might not."

O.K. I going to cry here telling you this.

Every sense that day my son has been gentle and kind, much much more patient with her.
He is more playful with her, and is less annoyed by her antics.
My son is amazing!
He welcomed her into his bedroom to share the space so she will feel more safe at night.
He let go of his private room to help his sister. He knows that this is not required of him nor expected.
This he has done of his own ambition and expressed his free will and willingness and understands that it is his offer. We DID NOT  ask it of him.

Last night Dove asked to watch "my big fat Greek wedding"
She came to me at bed time...
mom I will not feel scared, that movie makes me think of my wedding day and feel happy.
I'll sleep good tonight"
She slept through the night and they both awoke at 5 a.m.

4 comments:

Annette said...

I got all teary eyed when I read the part of Dash giving his sister space in his room, and what she said about her wedding, what loving kids !!!!!
I will pray that God will give you the strength that will be so demanding on you during the trail, sometimes blind eyes are such a bad thing uh? When my Johnathon was diagnosed with his ADHD & depression I remember feeling so awful for this little man to be so young and feeling like this, and when I explained it to Amanda, she was young and said "Momma, lets hold hands and pray over John" as she went and got John, put him between us and we prayed, Now, my water works are on, but our God is so AWESOME and he always makes things right.....

Lots & lots of love with HUGE hugs
I LOVE YOU
Annette

Susie said...

Good luck on your new therapy. I hope it provides you tools to do with the horror of the past.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful story about your son!!!

Denise said...

Loving you, and praying for you.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness