Saturday, November 21, 2009

Friends, garage and the childrens adventure.

We have a full pantry now for I spent 4 hours Friday morning going over the lead in adds and gathering the coupons. Then making the list in the color code for the store to decipher the best deals.
So the first trip to the large Costco and got supplies in bulk to do the roasted garlic mashed Yucatan gold potato, and the veggie trays for the two Thanksgiving suppers next week.
The snack items and the freezer stock too a good $200.
Got home and unloaded into the garage and the freezer and headed off to the Fry's store.
I spent a good $240? 
and came home with $180. Free. 
and another 100? approximately that did not show in the $$ amounts as deductions.
6 hours worth of work.

Ladies stock your pantries this week it is the best time of year to do staples and some of the can goods.
Many good root veggies too and stored properly you can do a two month supply.
The bag man at the store has a cokuler implant and I sign with him.
I told him about God restoring Dash's hearing he was amazed and over joyed for him.
He helped me load up and we embraced at the joy of a child not having the journey that the fellow had to go through and is going through.
So few people will stop and effort to interact with the deaf community and like a wheel chair just turn a blind awkward eye.
It is such a gift to have the ease to hold conversation.
This young man was so refreshed just being able to interact eye to eye with another.
I felt really blessed to see that joy on his face.
When I got in with that huge load it was a real task to get it all into the house and put aside to unbag as the afternoon evening continued.

Dash went home with my girlfriend and her son to play after school on Friday.
Dove got off the school bus in a panic , I yelled hello to her  she calmed.
 I there just a few houses away stood on the sidewalk and waited for her. 
I sat and watched her kids tv and fell asleep for a few moments. 
If I watch tv for any time I just fall asleep. 
Sweet child went in and watch her computer game after covering me with her jacket.

I wish I could of just been more alert for her but the work load of a good almost $600+ worth of grocery shopping just left me wiped out.

I had not shopped in a long while and the storehouse was nicely emptied and dated items used up.
It was time.
Every quarter I do this.
Now coming into early harvest with the hens I will not need to be in the markets until after Christmas, after the crowds, after the flu season is over.
Next big sales are just before Christmas, but this week the buying power is at it's height.

My Dear friend had a jewelry catalog party last evening.
I had the pleasure of meeting a few new ladies.
Wonderful women two of them had adoption and/or special needs kids in common.
Trisha did a wonderful gathering and Our Dear Lisa was there the three of us stayed and lingered in the pleasantness of each others company.
When I got home I stayed up late just enjoying the quiet of the late night hours. 

In the middle of the night I had an asthma attack.
I think from exposure to candles both at the play date and last evening.
Sound asleep I awoke coughing unable to breath.
I used the inhaler over and over and then got up and brushed my teeth in the dead of night and used some Listerine too.
It finally eased up.
So I slept until 10 a.m.
Awoke to have to do a breathing treatment first thing to get my chest to open up.
I so love that the beauty of those candles sent nicely unfortunately my lungs just put up such a fuss when I get exposed.

We spent This Saturday here cleaning our garage and the garden shed.
We worked hard and long into the eve from late morning.

Now we have a nice garden shed set up and the garage has become more user friendly.
We were forced to move the camper into the garage where we were assembling a nice little work shop for Steve.
Now it is all redone, with the shelving and metal cabinet with the power tools moved over to the accessible side.
A lot of work.

I made a simple supper and we were watching a second half of the Muppets in Space? or something like that and the CIA type folk were torturing the puppets and that awful feeling hit me.
I got real sick to the soul and my heart began to beat hard.
The PTSD was lighting up! Over a stinking puppet!
No one knows here, I just left the room.
I am too tender to try to tell Steve for the embarrassment factor is no fun and painful.
So tonight I sit feeling rather lonely in it.

He and I had a hard day and tempers flew. Cleaning a garage can do that. :)
We work so differently. I see the plan and walk into the organization to get the maximum efficiency with the least effort and safe. He sees a job and just wants to get it over with so sometimes I leave him feeling like I must think he can do nothing right. My heart and motive misunderstood. That leave me with hurt feelings and him too. It was just too much work for two folks but we got the foundations met and I ordered his power tools for him and got the shed empty.

He made a real nice "L" shape shelving unit and so I assembled a wonderful garden shed for myself.

Two different neighbors came for garden tours.
One who has some seeds from Asia to share and I share the knowledge of our zone with her. She offered up a "have you ever had loofa?" Ha!
Did you know you can eat that stuff when it is very young. She knows how to grow it (an answer to my requests in prayers).

We did a first and let our two kids go to the park a few blocks away on their bikes with two other children. They all stayed togeather with a 30 minute return time and a watch on Dash's wrist.
They returned 15 minutes early just my two. Dove told Dash she wanted to come home because there was someone drinking in the park. He came right home with her and they were so happy to be home. This was a huge step for me. I prayed for them.
As they were a house away I looked up and saw The Lab! he had gotten out of the gate! I did not even see him and he came running up to the kids right when they came toward the house.
The kids came home just as the dog had gotten out just in time to meet him two doors down and call him into the garage.
That is so amazing!
So many little miracles.

Then Dash concerned of the other two boys went around the corner on bikes with Dove and told the boys father who had no car to go get them. Dash concerned went on bike with the Daddy Man to fetch the other two children home for the parent.

All the kids then played in the front as we worked on the garage till dark. I walked the last child to the corner after he had returned. Four kids went together and mine back from the end of the street then this one boy came back. I saw the parent of this other kid eye to eye and he thanked me for chaperoning him home.

My kids did not really like the adventure so much as to yearn for it as they have...but it was good to give them an once of adventure withing the company and firm boundaries of what to do and where to go. Not to go or do anything else and to get here within a short time line. This was a big step in trusting God for me and trusting the kids to do what was right. They really impressed me with the good sense to come home together and stay together.

Well a day.

Day is done.
Good night.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Did not know you had asthma! I too have a nebulizer and had to use it the other night at 4 am. Mine is triggered by allergens! Mold is the biggest trigger and with all the rain and dead leaves on the ground there is a lot of mold. I will remember to pray about your asthma.

You are such the mother and wife... You should be so proud of yourself...

Annette said...

Sounds like a big and busy day was had by all, sounds like you got some real good deals, my Mom use to shop like that when I lived at home and Dad was alive, I HATED going with her, but I did, just to go into town, we lived so far out in the country. I have to confess...the garage thing about tempers flying, and your sweet husband feeling's being hurt, I had to giggle, (just a little) cause Larry and I had exchanging of words over packing, of all things!! but like I reminded him so sternly, I might add, "I'm doing all this, plus cooking, laundry, and still keeping my house clean, with NO help from any of you!! and let me remind you, almost in a months time, by only brother died, and I found us a cheaper place to live, so you just SHUT YOUR MOUTH" Nothing else has been said about packing, then we exchanged "sorry's" with a hug and of course I cried!!
Your children are very smart to stay away from people in parks that drink, in California, liquor isn't allowed in parks or cigarette smoking, but idiots still do it. I hope you have a sweet and wonderful Sunday. Whats for supper tonight??

I SO LOVE YOU~
LOVE & HUGE HUGS~
Annette

LisaShaw said...

Precious, thank you for allowing me to share your journey and to pray as I read every word for you, your hubby, kids and all. GOD is so faithful.

I pray you have a peaceful week upcoming and that you and your family have a very special Thanksgiving.

I love you much.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness