Thursday, September 3, 2009

Watch out for heat stroke/heat exhaustion

direct sunlight will be 8C higher than the number shown in the chart.


Temperature Conversion
Celsius Fahrenheit
Celsius Fahrenheit
Celsius Fahrenheit
0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
32.0
33.8
35.6
37.4
39.2
41.0
42.8
44.6
46.4
48.2
50.0
51.8
53.6
55.4
57.2
59.0
60.8
62.6
64.4
66.2
68.0

21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
33
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
69.8
71.6
73.4
75.2
77.0
78.8
80.6
82.4
84.2
86.0
87.8
89.6
91.4
93.2
95.0
96.8
98.6
100.4
102.2
104.0
105.8

42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
55
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
100
107.6
109.4
111.2
113.0
114.8
116.6
118.4
120.2
122.0
123.8
125.6
127.4
129.2
131.0
132.8
134.6
136.4
138.2
140.0
212


I have a couple of down days to spend. The heat exhaustion is under watch to see that I did not do any permanent damage. 100 oz of fluids. Pee on the hour every hour to rid my muscles of the build up of toxins.

Hello from me the old wet dog...
you think I'm gunna be water logged...:)

As much as I am drinking I have yet to get to the every hour to pee but I will rest like I have a choice?

I stopped to see my friend wrong day it is NEXT Thursday. You know I had it on the calendar for next Thursday and though It was a mistake. Now I got into the mall and waited an exhausted hour then endured to torment of walking back out to the truck.
The idea of walking and shopping was just not even an option.

The kids have curriculum night I do not think I can go? I really am not doing real great. I hate to miss it.

Heat Cramps. Athletes are familiar with this syndrome caused by salt depletion. It is easily treated with rest and electrolyte-bal-anced fluids such as sports drinks or drink plain water and eat salty chips or nuts. Avoid salt tablets due to the risks of overdosing.

Heat Syncope. Fainting happens when blood pools in the legs, often after standing too long. It is temporary; being horizontal usually prompts a return to consciousness. The biggest risk is an injury from falling. To help blood return to the heart, elevate the person’s legs, and cool the body with wet compresses and fanning. Turn the unconscious person on his or her side to prevent choking. One exception is if the person has been working hard; then consider the fainting due to heat stroke and call 911. Check the ABCs (airway, breathing and circulation) and cool him or her down immediately. Anyone who faints should be medically evaluated and not return to work.

Heat Exhaustion. This condition is serious and is caused by severe dehydration. Symptoms can include fatigue, dizziness, nausea and vomiting, plus early neurological signs such as headache, impaired judgment and anxiety. Exhaustion causes profuse sweating and cool, clammy skin. Move the person out of the heat, provide fluids as tolerated, strip off extra clothing, and cool them by wetting clothing and fanning. Have them medically evaluated.
Heat Stroke. This is a medical emergency. It can look like exhaustion except the body temperature is 104 degrees F or higher, and the brain is seriously affected. Neurological effects can include confusion, irrational or aggressive behavior, incoherent speech, collapse, convulsion, and coma. When the body’s heat-coping mechanisms have failed, sweating stops and the skin becomes red, dry and hot to the touch. Call 911 and quickly lower the body temperature.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Sweetie, I am praying for you, I love you.

Susie said...

I had heat stroke when I was a girl and it was NOT fun! I hope you recoop soon!

Annette said...

Hope this is finding you feeling better....Thanks for in the info!

Cool Hugs to you~
Annette

Denise said...

No heat stroke here!!! We are 20 degrees below normal! Mercy, I will take some of your sunshine...... I cannot even swim! BUMMER! Take care girl and stay out of that heat!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness