Monday, May 4, 2009

Marriage Monday, Seasons of Marriage



Seasons
Passages from old to anew


Gains and letting go
wounds that will heal
These are the days of a union

Hours take flight in an instant, linger never to fade
Days to await never seem as if they will arrive
Flash in time, shadow yesterday gone

One thing always remains the same
A word spoken
Never recalled, nor forgotten

Kindness, rule of our lives
Hours of memory, days of gentle rain
Embrace by tender words in crisis, harmonious day too.

Spoken, takes flight into journey of days
Life or death power, will always remain
good times or bad

Spring,winter... it remains the seed
In soil to emerge one day
Fruit or a Poison, Healing or Pain

So guard me my tongue
Let it be ruled to refrain
Seasons will roll joy will remain

In youth of Spring
Summers heated anger
Those harvesting days of middle year

This I am sure of
the winter years approach
love is the great gain

By Donetta
2009
Married March of 1982




“We all make many mistakes, and if any one makes no mistakes in what he says he is a perfect man, able to bridle the whole body also. If we put bits into the mouths of horses that they may obey us, we guide their whole bodies. Look at the ships also; though they are so great and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. So the tongue is a little member and boasts of great things. How great a forest is set ablaze by a small fire!” (James 3:2-5).


“A good tree does not produce decayed fruit any more than a decayed tree produces good fruit. . . . A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil. Each man speaks from his heart’s abundance” (Luke 6:43-45).

Let us ask God to bring conversion to our speech! Let us all strive, by God’s grace, to be like-minded, sympathetic, loving toward one another, kindly disposed, and humble. Let us not return evil for evil or insult for insult. We should return a blessing instead. This we have been called to do, that we may receive a blessing for our inheritance. If we want to enter into life and see prosperous days, then we must keep our tongue from evil and our lips from uttering deceit (cf. 1 Pet. 3:8-10).

“I tell you, on the day of judgment men will render account for every careless word they utter; for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” (Mt. 12:36-37).


comment from Amrita
Hi Donetta read this about marriage in a devotional

"Marriage comes with a built in abhorrence
of self centeredness.In the dream world of mankind 's
complacent separateness, amidst all our pleasant little fantasies
of omnipotence and blamelessness and self-sufficiency,marriage explodes like a bomb.
It runs an aggravating interference pattern,
an unrelenting guerrilla warfare against selfishness.
It attacks people 's vanity and lonely pride
in a way that a few other things can,
tirelessly exposing the necessity
of giving and sharing,
the absurdity of blame.
Angering,humiliating,melting,
chastening, purifying, it touches us
where we hurt most, in the place of
our lovelessness.
Dragging us into lifelong encounters
which at times may be full of boredom,
tension,unpleasantness or grief,
marriage challenges us to abandon
everything for the sake of love."
(Mike Mason - The Mystery of Marriage-
As Iron Sharpens Iron)

Wow loved that!


If you're planning to contribute to the Marriage Monday meme next week, please Visit Christine at Fruit in Season. (http://www.fruitinseason.blogspot.com/)
Originator of the MM meme, Christine has volunteered to be our guest hostess in May, June, July, and August. Monday's topic is "Seasons of Marriage." I encourage you to get involved!

Life becomes super-busy for us during the warmer months, so I'll be off until September. See you back at Chrysalis for Marriage Monday when the weather begins to cool. Ciao for now!
Hugs,
e-Mom @ Chrysalis
http://chrysaliscom.blogspot.com


5 comments:

Denise said...

This was really lovely sweetie.

Annette said...

I love this.....so much to think about and take in, I will be back to reread it again, sometimes I have too, but that's because I enjoy your friendship! I stop by allot!
Love to YOU!
Annette

Christine said...

What wonderful scriptures! Your poem is so insightful and tells a lot about your journey through marriage and what makes it flourish. Thanks for sharing your experiences and motivations with us...blessings to you!

Amrita said...

Hi Donetta read this about marriage in a devotional

"Marriage comes with a built in abhorrence
of self centeredness.In the dream world of mankind 's
complacent separateness, amidst all our pleasant little fantasies
of omnipotence and blamelessness and self-sufficiency,marriage explodes like a bomb.
It runs an aggravating interference pattern,
an unrelenting guerrilla warfare against selfishness.
It attacks people 's vanity and lonely pride
in a way that a few other things can,
tirelessly exposing the necessity
of giving and sharing,
the absurdity of blame.
Angering,humiliating,melting,
chastening, purifying, it touches us
where we hurt most, in the place of
our lovelessness.
Dragging us into lifelong encounters
which at times may be full of boredom,
tension,unpleasantness or grief,
marriage challenges us to abandon
everything for the sake of love."
(Mike Mason - The Mystery of Marriage-
As Iron Sharpens Iron)

Denise said...

I am soooooooooo far behind here in your blog!!! I will catch up Tomorrow !

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness