Sunday, February 8, 2009

He said "you sure are industrious"...


I met the children Friday after school with a nice afternoon snack.
We just love popcorn.
This micro wave popper is awesome.
Dove can even make popcorn on her own now.
That is a big thing for her and she takes great esteem from it


Friday The dishwasher also got a good cleaning.
We had this in inventory above the washer.
Taking advantage of what I had , thought to use it.
We have very hard water here.
I have tried the old vinegar trick to where you place a large bowl of vinegar in the bottom rack and run it.
I was not real thrilled with the results.

My dear heart dug the earth up and over for me to plant this week.
I look forward to tending to it.

While the funeral for the starter was being had we were off to the outskirts of the city.
My love took me to this wonderful nursery we love.
He and the children played on the tree house while I shopped the seeds.
The tooth was some less than budgeted for and I had a nice spring budget set aside for the garden so I had a ball!
Heirloom seeds!!!!!!!!!!!


Here is the difference in the tooth.

Herbs are a treasure
There are Lemon Thyme, Sage, Margram (sp?), parsley, and a six pack of butter lettuces.Click on image to enlarge
OH JOY!!!!!!!

We went to the folks after the nursery play time :)
The evening was wonderful, We shared a meal together
She gifted me with some of my favorite dish clothes.
They are so pretty !
Look at the sunflower one!
I separate it all; big bowl is for the chickens.
broccoli stalks for soup
culender for perfectly good things.
the paper bag is for the compost.
All the cabbage leaves and any thing that showed wilt goes to compost.
Before we left for the city we stopped to get the boxes the produce fellow set up for me.

See the bock choy I just break off the old part to the compost and the hens just love the rest.
This is the second box!

Al toll 4 large bags of chicken scrap, once the stalks were pealed there were at least two bags full for the compost.
Two perfect heads of butter lettuce, a lot of parsley (it just had to be gleaned through), a large carrot and 4 nice radish. Some Swiss chard as well, just enough to add to a nice rice dish.


We took off this afternoon and we all went to a nice park and the kids had their bikes.
We sat in the warm sun, the rains were heavy and the sky had huge thunder heads on the out skirts surrounding the valley. It was so pretty.
The kids climbed trees and we walked hand in hand as they urged us to stay in one spot. We really wanted to stroll. Those kids cant stop them when you want to and when we wanted to walk they had become friends with a tree.
It was very refreshing.
We stopped for a few stock goods for the next few week. The toilet paper type thing.
We splurged for the first time and bought a ready made "chicken Popper". They are real whole chicken breast cubs with a breading the bake in the oven type. Beloved wanted me to take a break. Boy I was so glad. I had not eaten well and my blood sugar CRASHED!!!!!!!
He was so sweet.
He got a glass of lemon aide and helped set up all the stuff while I put the chicken on , and warmed the veggies.
The stalks of broccoli needed to be finished as well
I put them on the boil while we ate and then Dove and I finished the movie (twelve long miles).
The time with her was sweet. It was a teenage coming of age movie.

After all the stalks were pealed, then boiled...I ran them through the blinder with some unsweetened soy milk.
Then the left over potatoes that had been mashed for Mr. U. bday were added. A quort of chicken stalk. Seasoning would of been best nutmeg, but without it I used cinnamon and allspice. Mace would have been nice but i was out.


My Sweet Mr sharpened a knife and placed the vice near. I decided to finish them up. The Asian knifes needed tending. These are hardened steel and a gift to me from my brother in law.

The kids needed strawberry jam, so being tired of the $3 for 6oz. jars...I got some frozen berries and made my own!
Wow you would of thought it caviar!


Now that is a nice fresh jam.
Yep the berries were frozen, but wow what a flavor!
Very easy to do by the way.
I did not put these up (can them for the pantry) they will be gone way too soon for that.

I started Henry again.
Thought I might of lost him again, Mr U thought I said put it in the refer, when I asked him to put him on the refer.
He was a happy blend this evening. Took a pause in the post to go feed him.
He had a good fome on him.

Ending the day with the kitchen done.
Have to go to the city tomorrow.
Dash has a broken hearing aide.
Same one as before , I might request a new one.

Broccoli Potato chowder is finished for the evening meal tomorrow.
Have the salad to do and the bread.

Full full day.
full weekend too.
Time to go join my sweet heart
good night.

2 comments:

Denise said...

You have been very busy.

Susie said...

Wow! You were busy!!

My water is rock hard too. I use a cycle of bleach and then a cycle of vinegar to clean my diswasher:-) The results are much better than just vinegar alone.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness