Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thankful Thursday






Prayer time and the Huggy Kissy song.




Oh my I was just laying on Doves bed while Daddy read to them.
I dozed off a bit.
They are so fortunate that he still reads to them.

We have had a full year already.:)

The truck got a new axle and oil, the car got an oil change too,Mr U. noticed we need new tires on the car now, faster than we thought. He had a tire off to check the hub on the car axle and saw separation.
So tomorrow we have to take it in and use the emergency fund for that.
We are so blessed to have saved so hard, and have it to use for the needs.
The truck was found to need $400. in work to the steering arms (we have to hire that). It needs a alignment also. We will see if the shop might give us a discount for giving them so much business HA!
The car will need an alignment too.
We have a few hundred more in parts for the truck in the next two days we will do the work our selves.

The green beens lost to the frost were cleared from the trellis in the garden,
peas were picked.
The chicken coop got a through cleaning and the tomatoes were given a trellis.
My trellis making skills leave a bit to be desired, but if was accomplished in time for me to go to do the shopping.
I found one of my good tomato plants crushed with fruit missing.
The kids say they saw the dog do it, me thinks that they used the straw bail as a climbing stone and stepped on it during the play date day before.
Arg!
My plants are suffering between kids and the frost.
Though they were covered the chill nipped the leaved of my best producers.


Wow when it comes it comes hard and fast.

While my man was up to his elbows in grease I was up to mine grinding the 20 pounds of beef I got for less than half price ( a two and a half hour job).
Freezer will be ready for the months ahead
The grocery was won at less than half price for I did the lead ins and the adds. Used a few coupons.

We are so very blessed with such abundance.

Made some turkey and veggie noodle with dumplings, hubby loved it!
A two pound meat loaf was baked while we watched a movie "somewhere in time".
We are tired,
grateful that we did not have a flat on the highway.

Everything in its perfect timing.
We will save back up for the emergency fund and get back up on our feet in time.
By the end of the weekend we should have the work done on both vehicles .
I suppose after over 100,000 on the truck in 10 years, it is due to be maintained.
The car will just get new shoes (tires) a little sooner than expected.
We will start the year with both autos in good working order with both having new tires. We have own them both so it is an uncommon expense for us to spend on the autos.
Bless God we have no car payments.

Dash got his hearing aide fixed and it looks like we will be able to qualify for his medical with only 5 days of overtime missed.
(we trust) I'll know after the 9th.
I will need to go back down to the city again to do the financial work.
The woman there yesterday was the wonderful woman who helped me last year. She was awesome and we went through several scenarios to find the best fit.

We'll just keep doing our part to keep the economy going HA!

We are so blessed all this is happening while He is off work and can do the work himself here at the house.
yaunnnnnnnnn
Wow a day.
Dishes and laundry are calling me to come heed the task for the morrow.

Life to the top.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness