Thursday, November 8, 2007

Wrapped Emotions

"Wrapped Emotions" is doing another emotion provoking post idea.
She Writes...
No, we are not going to meet up for group plastic surgery. Although in a couple of years you can give me a call and we'll talk about it.

We are going to get more comfortable with ourselves. We are going to get to know our own face, appreciate it, recognize it and love it. Whoa, get back here! Don't run away from this prompt screaming "Nooooo!!!" I'm in it with you and my face has seen better years.

Hold your camera at arm's length and shoot a photo of your face. Oh hush up, yes, get that close. Don't expect it to look good, unless you're twenty years old it will probably look horrible. But we're all here together. Just face it, this is what everyone is looking at so breath deeply and take it.

Upload the photo to your computer and with whatever photo editing software you are using de-saturate it, convert it to black and white. Lighten the image if necessary, make sure the image isn't too dark. Print a copy. Oh horrors! I know.

Now take your pencil and trace over it...over and over and over. Every feature, every curve and line...trace over it. This is you.

After working with your printed image, scan it into your computer and upload it into your Wrapped Emotions' post. Be sure to paste it into you art journal. Talk about the emotions experienced while doing this. Work at accepting and loving your face. Talk about the experience. Above all remember, if you cannot love yourself, how will others love you? How will you love others without self-love?



I like my soul. This is a strange thing to do. I am reminded of all the root canals and how my teeth look prettier than I imagine them. I Have dressed up before as a clown, the lines by my eyes look so much like a cheerful clown . I don't believe I am in disguise I just choose the focus to joy. I miss my eyes behind these thick glasses all the time. My eye brows get hidden too. I think I am aging well. I am 46. I see so many happy years. I see the tole of time, but it is the good times that have seamed to left a deeper indent. I am so glad of that. Dare you guys to do this...:) The imprint of the life and times hard is a pained worn resolve to find joy in life and focus on the love.
My face is full and I wonder if it will be different after I loose 40 pounds. I think that I look a little Grandma like now. My one eye is squinting hard to focus. I look truly happy inside. Yet one who has known grief and healing of it.The halves of my face look congruent to me. I never noticed my nose is swollen still on one side.
I feel content and grateful. I don't look so tired anymore, now that I let go of home schooling. I do really look healthier not being so haggard.
Beloved said I look both happy and in pain in the altered image.
Wow that made me touch it, the pain. I think he is right. (it made me feel sad he said that). I suppose that is me always keeping a strong foot up from the sorrow that could just grab me and twist this beautiful life into the despair off all I have witnessed in this world. I do grieve to the core really. I just walk it like a process till the day I go home to God.
I am sad to see the years fly so fast when we still could of gained so many opportunities. My eyes are dim now yet they still glow. My children young and I look a bit old. I am happy and not a painted face but a life of choice. I can not denied the pain deep within me over the losses of this life time known. Oh! but it is the joy of all I hold dear that humors this tired heart.

14 comments:

Denise said...

You are beauty defined my friend, true beauty.

Amrita said...

Absolutely superb. What a great idea to get a grip on yourself. And you know my sweetie, i am 46 too, we are the same age!But sometimes i feel 86.

I want to do this, but I am not technical enough, but will certainly try. You know what, I 'll ask my Mum to take a photo of mine, her photography is so bad (tears) that i don 't have to do any pencil work, I will look 96 years old in the oripinal print.LOL very loudly!

inspired said...

Thanks for Sharing! You know, I am only 35 but my back hurts so much right now that I might as well be 90!! I am definitely walking like a 90 year old! Great Job!

Stephanie
www.homeschoolblogger.com/inspired

Sheila said...

To me you look very happy, like a joy that is found deep within you pours out through your expression!

Corey~living and loving said...

wow...what a great project, and a wonderful post Donetta! :)

Phoenix said...

Wow I would have never thought you were 46! You have definitely aged well! :) I love your smile and you have beautiful teeth! I am jealous my teeth need some serious work! Thank you so much for your kind words about my WE! :)

Wil's Wheels said...

I have been reading for a while, here and at your other blog. I had no idea. God bless and hold you, dear brave woman.

I look at your face and see such beauty and kindness. As a mother of abused children reading your story brought such pain, yet such a feeling of victory. For like my sons, you are strong and radiant.

I only see lines of beauty upon your face. Thank you for sharing so deeply.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am speechless. I don't know where your pain comes from, but I know that not all people experience suffering on that level. I believe that allows you a deeper understanding of God's love, personally.
You look beautiful to me. And nowhere near 46.
Pinky from
www.cheeseinmyshoe.blogspot.com

Angie said...

I am happy and not a painted face but a life of choice.

What a great line! Thanks for sharing from your heart. You're beautiful, really.

Bonnie said...

Your post gripped me from the start. I just couldn't stop reading. It's amazing to see your spirit triumphing in seeking to be joyful. YOU are amazing !

Sara said...

your post made me feel like you were talking about me, i sure see pain in my own picture, from years of grief, ill be praying for you, and your so pretty

Anonymous said...

what a pretty smile and beautiful eyes! I love your post!

Unknown said...

Your words are very powerful. A beautifully written post and wonderful reflection of yourself.

Kim @ TheBitterBall

JenLive! said...

Thank you for sharing so openly. You are lovely.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness