Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tails from the scales Weel #6 -4

193 starting

191 week one

191 week two (at 189 on Friday) First Synvisk Injestion

193 week three Second injection

190 week four (189 peeked at me) Third Injection

192 week five

188 week six

Tales_sept_button_square

My journey has been 3x a week here. After I drop the children off at school , I come here.

I wait for this lone elevator (the other one is broken and has been for months)

I can now walk this long hall, at one time I was on crutches, then a cane. Now there are days when I'm close to skipping :)

In the room they lay VERY hot packs Under my back.


These would burn your hand if you touched them.

Then they apply the electrodes to my low back (4 of them) and to my knee.
I lay with the lights off and pray and rest for 15 minute.
This is to stimulate blood flow to the area.


Then the electrodes are removed, and I receive ultra sound on my back for 5 minutes and then my knee for another 5 minutes.
Some times this is repeated on the front of my leg where a tendon is problematic after exercise.
This reduces swelling


I then go out to the main room and receive 15 minutes of this little guy.
I am very fond of this machine. It has the flextion procedure that sends shocks to strengthen my quad muscle this is where I have gained strength in my thigh again. Hurts, but is very good!


Then it is off to the bike for 5 minutes now! (that is improved a lot.)
Then today I was up to 3 1/2 plates on a leg press (up a pound today) 2x15

Then 2x15 straight leg lifts with weight (today I advanced to 3 pounds)

Then in a sitting position 2x15 leg lifts (with 3 pounds toda)

I have a band to pull down with extended arms for my back and then every other arm for my sides.

Added today was
A row machine for upper back 1x15
bicep curl 10x each arm 3 pounds

straight arm lift 10 x each arm 2 pounds

The therapist them checks my leg often the calf has to be massaged

I get taped, this is what it looks like. Willy said... "HI"
The best is at the end, the "ever lovin' ice!"
Both for my low back and also over/under for my knee.



I am so blessed to get my leg back again and have a second chance. It is my hope and prayer I never have to have a knee replacement. It is my goal to take full advantage of this amazing privilege and loose all this excess weight in a respectful timely manner. I am a vivacious woman!

11 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats on the 4 pounds lost that is amazing and now you are officially below the 190's... Awesome!!!

~Bren~ said...

WOOHOO!! That is wonderful!!!

Lisa Kay said...

Way to go!!!

Mom said...

You are doing so well! I am thrilled for you and hope for a wonderful upcoming week!

JUST A MOM said...

Hey look at you good job.

Karen said...

WTG! What a big accomplishment!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on a great loss! Hope your knee continues to heal and strengthen.
Path to Health

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the weight loss!! I will continue praying for your knee to keep healing and strengthening.

Denise said...

Congrats on the weight loss, love you my friend.

Diana Swallow said...

congrats on the four pounds! Wow you've made such progress to go from crutches to walking. Willy looks like such a sweet baby!

Everything Counts said...

Fantabulous!!! 4 pounds! WOOHOOO!
I am sure you are doing the happy dance now!

Heather

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness