Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday's Story...a special privilege



Sweet beauty had a very special privilege today. Her class mate invited her to go horse back riding. "Daddy Man" chaperoned.

It was a ride around an hour in length.
Daddy joined the band at the last minute. He awaited his daughters invitation. Several other parents joined. I wish I would have joined in to.

Well Dash and I made presents for the Dad and his Sister. We wrapped them and set them aside.
Dash desired a movie and a cuddle, it was sure nice to just hold my son. We cuddled for 2 hours time just enjoying being home with each other. He just likes to be home.

When the two horsemen returned with honor we all had a visit looking over the pictures that had been taken.
Then Beauty desired solitude, while Dash and the daddy man took to the garage and the automotive store.
I indulged in the self care of a spa day (2 hours in my bathroom with a locked door)


The Men folk changed the oil in my car, hosed down the engine and then washed and waxed it.
On my birthday, Beloved, in our frugal attempts, gave me a can of car wax as a gift. Stunned buy it at the time, it has since then often been a gift of quiet contemplation. At times hurt feelings. You see my birthday was in MAY!
The gift was a car wash and wax, his romantic attempts at a thoughtful gesture. However at the time it was not very well understood by me and it stung a bit to open a can of car wax on my birthday (it was my only gift). I suppose sometimes husband can get just a little too practical.
Now some SIX MONTHS later I have a beautifully washed and waxed car. Fresh oil and brake fluid toped off. Engine has been steamed cleaned and it looks pretty from the outside. I will need to vacuum the inside and wash the dash down and it will be like a new car. Except the spots on the seats from little feet.

This is "White Vail".
Once long ago I had a choice you see. A choice of two lives, two paths. I chose to adopt children and then we walked that path. The other path of a life of leisure, excess and plenty was a temptation that was pretty shallow and hollow. Boy! did I make the right choice. Well then it was that I let go of ever getting a pretty new car. We drive cars paid for debt free (always have as a matter of principle). So they have always been older. Well worn yet beautifully maintained (by beloved).
This car was what I received some three years ago after a accident that theft me embraced and many around me perplexed at Gods ways. They are much higher than our ways. So after surviving being hit by another car going over 120 mpr. This is what we used our severance package on. It was not a brand new one but to me it is a jewel. Never ever thought I would have such a privilege. Although I did have a fondness for the other Honda with its nearing 200,000 millage it was a beautiful car too(old but kept nice).

Now it is clean and new again.

Our lives so full it took 6 MONTHS to get to washing and a waxing.In all fairness in the summer here, you just don't go outside to do a wash/wax, or you'd get heat stroke.

Sideways problem oops!
This is the garage door into the Laundry room.
Well I did the door way today. It was in March that I stopped homeschooling full time. I had this area plied to the elbow with home school curriculum and books and used clothing the kids out grew. I need to do a yard sale or e bay some of the beautiful a beka books k-6, and Saxton math (k-2) and such to valuable to let go to naught. There are a lot of Hardy Boys and a few other reading books, bible study books too.
If any of you might like to buy them let me know.
Perhaps I'll list them on Cregs list for sale. Try to use the funds for Christmas.
Today I have my doorway clear. Well that has been 8 MONTHS like that! I am begining to get caught up. Hard to blame Hubby for the wax delay. It is just family life. Sometimes you have to put up with small annoyances to gain great things.
I called on Hubby to help me put a few things in the attic and get the Thanksgiving decor down.
It gets so full each day with new tasks and the list of old that lingers.
being patient and forgiving and just plain grateful for what we can do and what does get accomplished is the better road.
My birthday gift is beautiful and compels me to effort time for the vacuum and cleaning of the interior.

4 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

Hey I came by on yoru birthday you were in bed with a stupid migrane again... I so do not like those things.... I am glad your car is so pretty....

Denise said...

I love your family more each day sweetie.

Amrita said...

Your car looks good to me ours is more than 10 years old.
So happy Dad spent quality time with both the kids and you had a nice time with Dash.
I love horse rididing, have done it only 2 times.
My BIL gave kitchen scales to my sister on her birthday...thank goodness he did,nt give her the human scales, but she used to be very thin then.

Amrita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness