Saturday, November 10, 2007

Vision Prisms for a visionary.


I miss seeing my eyes from back behind these prisms, bifocal'ed into refractive light. A right eye that likes to travel to the sky is held to line by using prisms. Only it is that gradually the prism will continue to be increased with the resulting thicker and thicker lens. Fuzzy fields of view without the frames upon my nose. I miss seeing my eyes upon my face in the reflections of each mirror passed by. I like my eyes they have always been my favorite facial feature.

The woman , thought to be my paternal grandmother met me at 9 years of age. Holding and touching my face. Finger tips for eyes she saw me. Called me the name of another due to her advancing years. I was thought to be a child deceased years before. It was memorable to see her surprise when I was another grandchild. I remember how much I must of appeared to her as that other child. She saw something in me that confounded her. I have always remembered her looking at every curve of my face every detail. Her hands trembled with age.

I have a good friend who is faced with beautiful eyes that are growing dim. Now colors replaced with fields of gray. She smiles at her future and weeps today. My eyes tear for her as I pray for her through her loss. She has wonderful eyes to see, for she too is a visionary

I have a sweet six year old son who sees too beyond his years. With eighth nerve involvement we may have to face a loss of both sight and sound as he matures his mind and heart into adolescence. Ushers Syndrome is what it is called. Yet even he can see the world and the things so great and so high as if his sight is clear vision thought even that nights sky.

I am a visionary, a see'er It is said, but then remember the text of old that kindly warns that even the prophet is not recognized in ones own home land. Far to well known in the flesh to be accepted as spirit. To judged is the man to even have their heart hear it. I step in tune to the sights that I am shown, Walking into each day, many a moment having witnessed the end, before the begining. Having eyes to know the truth and to be shown each way for every day that is before me.

I know a fine Woman a mother to many with several of her own sightless or dimmed in the physical vision. Yet her eyes are open to a wider view one of distant horizons that speak of great sorrows, triumphs and mercies. I see her courage a gleaming crown that is all but blinding in the clarity of thought. I see her beauty a radiance shown.

So great is even the deep sorrows of so many I know, how many days suffering witnessed beyond even my own. Yet to my sight ponders the visions of real sighted full spirits. Courageously facing the need to use a multitude of senses. Senses that most are dimmed in. Some absent the skill. To listen more intently , breathing in what surrounds them. They are touched with depth of feeling that measures fine details. Lavishing every morsel of atoms to taste.

Yes I am a see'er of the 'Holy Friends Keeper'. Shown those ways to involve HIM in every detail.
Clear eye for the future is so knowing He is for us. He sees the high mountain with utter detail as we scale every trial and tumble into the lowest valleys. He is there. His Eyes see more than wisdom with a mind to every stumble each pebble to trip us. Finger tips know me with His gentle touch. I am known.

Those who can see. See.
Hear, hear.
Holiness as a prism and reflective light shine.
May His faultless vision be mine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was lovely Donnetta! I love your visionary heart : )

Denise said...

I love you more than my words could ever express sis, bless you.

Amrita said...

That is a good thought Donetta, even if you have physical sight problems you can be a visionary.I wish someone had told me that when i was growing up.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. It was just what I needed today. They took Biper out of his glasses on Thursday, they no longer do him any good. Without the prism, his eye wandering eye will be more noticeable. It is not my little visionary who is bothered.

"May his faultless vision be mine."

Thank you friend and many blessings.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness