Sunday, November 25, 2007

Symbols of Christmas


1982 Our First Christmas togeather.
Thos clogs have a great story. Beloved killed a cock roach for the sales clerk and got 10% off:) Wow we still have his old lunch box. I wore the clogs out though.

1984

1986
The first year in our second home.

In 1997 this is the match Photo we received for Christmas. It is Beauty. We had to wait a long three months to hold her in our arms

1999 Our First year in this home. This is all for one child! Nuts!

2000 A little girl in paradise.

Her favorite gift! A "Moses stick" I whittled for her and dried in the attic. I sanded it down and she adored it!

2001 We returned from Russia on December 15th with our son. What a Gift!

2002

2003

This year my family received a Mother alive. December 21st, after I was hit by a man who fell asleep at the wheel and struck my car doing in excess of 120 mpr.
However I was out of action for several months to come.
This has an amazing story behind it os God's intervention and protection.

2004

2005

2006 We totally splurged and answered a little girls prayer. A bonus made us able to give her a pony. We did not have to feed it or clean up after it. Youth fades so quickly.
I once had a tree decorated with forest birds hanging from fishing lie from the ceiling laying popcorn carlands around the tree. The tree was full of bird nests and dried flowers.

Many symbols of Christmas are absorbed from Pagan origins and assimilated into Christian customs. The Christmas Tree is one of them. Like the pumpkin of Halloween it has its roots in paganism. There was a time when I had a large wooden cross in my living room in opposition to the tree. Then as I looked back I became aware that it is a symbol of torture (the realization of it has made me not to fond of wearing a cross either having known torture personally). I much rather see Him on the thrown :). I use a Tree as a place to put reminders of our life time together on display for the holiday season. Because Dash and I have asthma we use an artificial tree. I sorta don't get into the thing to cut down a tree for my own self if I am not going to burn the wood and use the resources, but thats just me. Living trees pose a lot of insect and mold issues. A couple of years or so ago we were fortunate to find this tree at a reduced price. Our former tree was dwarfed by our high ceilings and this one is tall and skinny so we keep the much loved floor space.

He is so pleased to be trusted with the glass ones .

Beauty is placing her "1st Christmas "

The children had so much fun. For every year of their life I have made or purchased an ornament that was applicable to the year lived and a token of remembrance. Prized treasures. I need to make them this year (we are being VERY disciplined to conserve our funds to go back East next year, pay for Beauty's braces and an tooth implant for me) We all love them (the memories and ornaments). The kids did all the decorating except the ribbon and the lights and star. I put a few of the very top things on. Beloved helped a while and asked to be excused because he wants to clean the kitchen for me to have a fresh start in the morning. How sweet is that!
My children have grown so quickly. These days will be a blur soon for the years are as a vapor in time. Treasure the years you have with you kids. They are a sweet gift. We are going back now to our roots for it is vanity to continue to splurge like this. I will make them a nice Christmas. It is time to stop the over abundance and now we live within the lesser means made available to us. We had fun when we were in the money... It will be fun now too. Just take a little getting used too.

4 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Wonderful collection of pictures! Wow! I felt nostalgic just looking through them and it's not even my history. Ha!

Thanks for stopping by the blog. It's always nice hearing from you.

Duckabush Blog

Amrita said...

lovely memories and photos. i like you clogs they are in fashion now.

Denise said...

I love these pictures.

Corey~living and loving said...

What a wonderful and fun post Donetta. I love all the photos. :) Dash hasn't changed a bit. I love he first christmas photos. SOOOOOOOOOOO cute.

Thank you for sharing this today.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness