Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday Smiles



Wow! Another morning of up at 8:15, showered dressed and granola bars in the car, sitting on a pew by 9am. This in itself is astounding in that I went to bed at 4:40 am, awake in prayer all night. Kids had a real challenge with fear of the child care and sat with us at service. They are so challenging over childcare. We never really left them anywhere where or really with anyone for the most part. Only people we really know well and even that very seldom.
We thought they wanted to do a childcare in Dash's age group with a mutual friend(who is also adopted as is his sister) from school. Dash bolted afraid that the kid would not be there, but that little tidbit was left out of his ability to explain his fear until way late in the process of our attempts to encourage him to keep his word. Beauty then (after the assurance was given them both that we would come and double check on them to see if they were alright. Dash agrees sorta to stay then Beauty bolts. ) We are all, after all this, are sitting on the pew as a family of frustrated folks. listening to a great message on the Spirit within us (that choice of spirit) being our self control. We met the couple and sat with them who had the kid known to our children.
After services another woman approached me she had a son (who is also adopted) in Beauty's class at the elementary. She told me I could stay with Beauty and explained the Sunday school class to me. She introduced herself and I had her son at the rock museum the other day. I am begining to feel a little panicked. I am concerned about remembering all these people, so Beloved set up a text info file for me to make myself some notes of people/events and reminders. I so want to go run into my cave rather than be set up for more memory dysfunction humiliations. I have to face this fear in the eye and stand.
I was invited to join a cliq, It is a funny thing in that it is a Spiritually based bloggers "cliq". I'm still not quite sure what that is so "Hopeful Spirit" if your out there I need better understanding of what you have invited me into.
I just came back from making Taco's for the kids.
Beauty just came to me and apologized for running away from her actions. SHE ACKNOWLEDGED it!

I'm smiling!
That was a big step in the right direction for her.
Dash just came and after complaining about lunch apologized and asked me respectfully for what I offered, and how he might be of help to me.
Wow! O.K. I'm smiling now!

Time to SEW on, and on and on and on and on...:)

3 comments:

Denise said...

Praying for you, and loving you so much sis.

~Bren~ said...

Do not let that fear rob you of friendships and those people of your presence. Be honest and let them know about your memory thing. Once I knew, I would NEVER be offended if you did not remember me without clues as to who I am. Of course, I am pretty unforgettable!!! LOL (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Wow, I too suffer from memory dysfunction humiliations... Cute.

Thanks for joinging in and sharing your day. Delightful. Love and hugs, Lynn

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness