Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas Meme




Hootin' Annie Started a meme go gove her a visit to get the code.

For the holiday season, I've started a meme. "The Twelve Questions of Christmas" If you'd like to participate, I'd be honored to have you join in the fun. If you'd like, you are welcomed to use the meme header graphic!

1. Christmas is HOLY. [fill in the blank with ONE WORD]

2. In memories, what was the best part of your Christmases past?
Shopping for Christmas Angles. I love the Salvation Army bell ringers! I will always try to share what I can and then some when I see them. I try to have a little gift for them in my bag. I get a wonderful rush when they tear up at the kindness.These folks kept me alive in my childhood and made many a Christmas come to life for us.
I often sign and have several cards in my purse for those acquaintances you see in community.
I love the Worship time, the reverence I teach the children and have of my self. For a single life, ONE life, changed everything. To me that is HOLY, each of us have ONE life that can and will change those around us to the good or to the detriment, we get to choose freely what it will be. Seeing this reverence on the face of my children is pure unadulterated beauty! By taking them to live nativities, and reading to them the HIStory of God (not done religiously but relationally) these are those moment when I see in their eye that they really get it.


3. Was Santa ever good to you? [describe how and what]
I remember on year, I had told my Beloved a story of a little paper ballerina music box I had, that had been destroyed in my childhood. That year just before Christmas he was forced to take a class in another city. We had rarely ever been apart. For Christmas that year he gave me a gift. As I opened it I knew before the paper was off what it was. I began to cry...little paper jewelry box. When I opened it I was a child again with everything that the worm had eaten restored. I wept freely for the first time in my adult life. It was profoundly healing. I still have it this many years later it is one of my prized possessions.

4. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both?
We try to go to a candle light service. We have a tradition to open one gift on the Eve. We first have communion together ( as man and wife) and ask for forgiveness of one another. We thank God for each other in specific ways.We worship and pray and open a gift together.
We watch the children play peacefully with the one gift that would be lost in the madness of the mornings rush. Sometimes it is the PJ"S made for the night.


5. Is there something you make each and every year? [craft or recipe]
Leg of Lamb in remembrance of all that is Holy. On Christmas Morning a pot of coffee for hubby and tea pot of loose leaf for me. A breakfast treat of baked muffins or such.

6. What is your favorite five[5] Christmas songs/hymns?
"Drummer Boy" Hand Down!, Oh holy night, Silent Night, What child is this? and a funny tune..."i yi yi it's Christmas and I don't know what to do...I yi yi it's Christmas and I don't have a gift for you! The children and I do this silly dance, it is a very upbeat ray gay(sp?) tune that is so funny to dance and be silly with.

7. Is there a new tradition for Christmas since your childhood days?
Peace

8. Describe one of your Christmas trips. [whether it's across town or across country]
We all load up and go to the Grand Parents across town. Everyone wants to stay and play with their toys and so it is bitter sweet. Everyone also wants to be with the folks. They often nap and ketch their breath and settle down. It is a time of transition. Usually a desert or main dish between my feet or in the trunk. It is quiet because the kids are tired and we just rest our ears for the 30 minute drive. :)

9. Do you have a special Christmas outfit to wear for the day?
Often I have all the picture of Christmas Morning in a robe and nightgown (there is no time for me). The night before is usually late if I am doing the meal. So waking up is a blur. Once it all settles down I get to look at the pictures and relax.
I like to have a warm dress on and boots with a nice necklace on. Jewelry is essential even it I have jeans and a cute vest. I love my jewelry and beads

10. Have YOU or any of your family members sat on Santa's lap?
My children have a voice and prefer not to sit on any strangers lap, they will approach him and be gracious standing beside him for photo opps. They just would cry so I never forced them to do it. They know that the history is that these are traditional helpers who costume in remembrance of the real Santa who passed years ago.

11. What is/or will be on your Christmas tree this year?
Traditional family ornaments many hand made. We have an ornament for every year we have been together. One for each year of the children's lives too. Many the kids have made or have been given. Several that have been gifts to me by other children or by friends over the years. Several Russian made, beautiful ornaments that will be passed to the children when they are grown and have homes of their own.

12. Do you/or have you decorated your yard for Christmas?
I have dreamed of making a "Drummer boy" "I played my best for him " yard decoration! I even purchased all of the supplies years back, It never gets made. It is a vision I want! I always do my entry and love to fly a few December flags. Now it is "Winny the Pooh on a shovel sliding down a hill". Next it will be my "Wise Men Still Seek Him" flag and then as the season grows close It is a "Nativity" flag. We have white lights to trim the side walk if I can get them up and lights that trim the house they are like ice cycles. Beloved kinda does not enjoy the work of it. I really love it all decked out! I like garland around the front door and a wreath too. I had a beautiful huge wreath I made and let Hubby talk me into tossing it last year...Arg! It hung over the garage, I just love the way it looked but it was a pain for him to mount.

4 comments:

Amrita said...

Lovely celebrationa and memories. Our celebration is nothing compared to this, but in each country the traditions are different.

Anonymous said...

That is a great way to explain Santa to kids. I wished I had known about it before.

Talk..to..Grams said...

I loved your meme and how you do things!! Blessings, Grams

Denise said...

I enjoyed this.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness