Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thankful Thursday



I am Thankful for creative children

On Tuesday the Kids used stickers on these simi- disposable plastic plates. Beloved picked them up for the camp trip so we could use less paper and not have so much waisted trash. We wash and reuse them. They are also very light weight for camping.
The children then on Wednesday promised Daddy Man that they would only use one each (a promise broken, I found 4 spent ones hidden in a cupboard's. they came clean and had to own up to it) We taught them haw to do it differently was to trace out a design then make it permanent. They were given (by the Daddy Man) permanent markers , much to my dismay, while I was in the shower. Being on crutches I had to just let it go. When I found them preparing there own breakfast on their own plates.

I was thrilled, as you might guess, that there was no damage by markers on anything. Too cute. With the exception of using more than one plate as required by the Daddy, they did a great job.

Sweet beauty was very pleased as she should be. She supervised her brother.

After I saw Beloved off with his lunch in hand and had packed the kids lunches Dash had his awaited(with much annoyance on his part as to have to wait for my attention) After the dogs were fed it was 6:30! a.m.! Mr dash (like a ) Hawk up and ready to be taught and entertained. We did a sand art work on adhesive pre- numbered forms. They were the peal and dust type craft.

His little mind is going constantly! I am thankful for the high intelligence. I hope that this child does not have to face Ushers. I hope that he keeps his sight and hearing and can flourish into what ever he desires to do. He is so intelligent that no matter what I know God has equipped him for success.

Behold a master piece before breakfast.

I am thankful that the Teachers Conferences on Tuesday were so encouraging. Both children have some very strong talents that level out the difficulties.
Miss Sweet Beauty excels in penmanship. I had her do the series of "writing without tears" while I home schooled. Her reading skills are above grade level. Here weaknesses are being addressed as the testing continues for her interventions assessments. He memory dysfunction is leaving her troubled with math and with comprehension of literal fact. Funny thing is fiction sticks with perfect scores, but give her a bunch of facts and they go by by! This child may be so creative in mind function that her gifts are a bit savant. She would make a great director.
Mr D Hawk is so out there he is one of 6 student who finishes the 1st grade work daily so rapidly that he is a part of the team that gets to do book reports. He had perfect marks. That is not given out lightly. His only thing again is that fine motor disability. To be so smart and not be able to get your hands to do what you tell them must be very frustrating for him. I will be having him continue the hand writing curriculum I used with beauty.

I walked more freely this morning and with out my cane. I am seeing the joint settle down for this I am grateful too.

I have more peace over the upcoming holiday. I have peace about making costumes for the children, but only for their class event. We will get a movie night event set up as per our tradition. Only this time I do not have to feel afraid behind closed doors. I do not judge others for trick of treat, I just do not choose it.

I will be able to work on the MOUNDS of laundry today. (Two Loads in the machines so far)

My husband said for every time I watch my diet he is going to run again. I am so grateful that my husband has legs to run. It is so wonderful to see him care for himself too.

My husband mopped the floor, cleared the hall of toys, and did the dishes. I am thankful that it has given me a hand up from what felt so over whelming to face. Now I don't have to kill myself to get caught up.

I am thankful for the new crown I got to have done this morning, NO SHOTS YA!!!!!!!!

I have so many supplies for projects, and to look forward to. My life has been on hold for over a month with a dry socket, that is now healed and it looks like I have overcome the bone infection. I have had so much down time after the knee injection series.
Now I can get back into an active life.

I can now work on the Autumn Gift exchange to get it shipped out to Grace. I also have to get a Birthday gift for D Hawks friend. (Done) I am grateful that I can afford to give freely. I am wrapping the things I gathered.
I am thankful I have wrapping paper.

I am thankful for peace. Gods peace and presence is so warm. I am never alone.:)

5 comments:

Denise said...

Your children are truly pricelss gifts.

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed!! So glad to hear about the success with "handwriting without tears." We have just started my 7 year old with this as part of his IEP. It is hard, he is now using braille to write, but still needs to learn how to write with pen. My now 16 yr old has auditory and visual memory disorder. Stories and words don't stick with her; but the numbers and facts do.

Amrita said...

so sweet you are teaching your kids to be creative

Unknown said...

That is so great! I love seeing children being creative!

Vicki said...

Ah, you have sweet little artists living in your household--wonderful! So glad to hear your dry socket is healing and you're able to enjoy some projects. God bless you!

blessings,
Vicki

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness