Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Camping, My Cabin in the Woods.

We listened to a book on tape on the way up. It was so funny. Called "Ten Bears in a Bed". Great story. It is a wonderful parody of all of the classic children's stories.

This is camp.
Just off Forest Rd 300. Above Payson AZ

Off in the woods. Conifers and old Oaks.
We arrived just after noon.

With on sick little girl, who once asleep rested after two hours of dry heaves from car sickness. Her Sensory Integration stuff leaves her very open to motion sickness. The gray wrist bands are used by divers, there is a bottom pressure point. She dismissed us when we had asked her to pace them on. Too little too late and we lost her to the vomiting.

While she slept I tried to set camp not knowing whether we would be leaving. With limited daylight and lots of tasks I just acted as if we were staying. She could not be transported anywhere.

These quilts are matching, found on a clearance rack they are perfect for my "cabin". I wrap the pads in them to block out the cold and insulate the mattresses.

Dash Hawk in his insulated jump suit I found at the good will for $2.50. It is new with a rip of 4" on the back of it. This jump suit kept him warm all weekend. He played "work" in the forest and had a office set up with full security

This fellow had been carved by some previous camp guest and we used a charcoal stick to accent his features. He was our mascot.

Daddy Man and Son cut fire wood while I set up the "cabin" and emptied pans for Sweet Beauty. Poor girl.

The Men set a camp fire and we had some "three of us" time, while Dear Beauty slept for an hour. She woke up more herself and we had a nice cool evening.
The milky way was across the opening in the canopy of pines. The stars were so bright we were awed. Put city life to shame (thats not hard to do) :).

Daddy taught son how to burn the mellows :)
It was much more fun to set them ablaze.

We all walked up to the rock wall. The vista is so open and full!
My Husband. He is so kind. He helped and encouraged me keeping a close watch on my every step. I really took glee in being able to be there with my family on the ridge. I have felt very lonely for them in the past having to wait back at camp. This time I was able to join them in the fun and adventures.

Dash was too cute in his jump suit. It kept him warm and gave him some personality that was so adorable. "The little man", he played that he was doing his "jobs" at work.

Sweet Beauty was stunning above me on a large bolder. She is growing up now. She is becoming a tween, so strange it was just yesterday we were on the train coming into Moscow to fly her home from Russia.

Look at me hiking in the forest. On my own two legs. It was so amazing to be able to do this again. So humbling to be given another chance.

Yes I was VERY careful. Now that I am recovering the final injection after a few days life will be like this for me daily. I have a lot of strengthening to accomplish, but it is happening! I walked in the forest. I realized being in the forest is like getting back up on a horse that threw me off in my youth. I have not allowed the glory of the woods to be robbed from me. I am not afraid in the woods anymore and can now relax and just thrill in the beauty.

When they walked off I just had to follow. I want to be with them not alone back in camp anymore.

Dash blew hard his wish. He had given me all of his wishes. See other post.
That is one of those $1. T-shirts I got it is his favorite Star Wars character.

Making acquaintance with nature. "Wild things best left wild".

We were camped just off of the Crook Trail, there was a large pack team following it 40 miles in. History is in this wood.

The Children created their own "Teribithia" in the wood.
This is the shelter they built alone.


At "Teribithia" we had horse rides into the wood. This fallen tree was a great bouncing ride for hours of fun. Daddy man and I removed the bark and softened the ride by removing any stubs.

Here is my Man, He who I love with a passion that envelops me within the very thought of him. He is everything I longed for in a mate, lover and friend. What a wonderful Father for the children too. I was sitting on a long in "Teribithia" and he sat down in the shade. I just fell in love with this image of him

Father teaches Daughter also to be able to use tools. No gender discrimination "Do what your able and learn to do more"

The "Blue Fairy"
Blue Fairy, Blue Fairy grant me my wish... This played for hours with little brother. These were glow sticks I found at a dollar store.

Autumn Glory, behold the promise.

Fell tree, life rings are cast into design by the loss of one of these.

Beloved took this amazing image. I love this shot!

They went for a hike that was too hard for me to join them.
With a camera I get to live vicariously.

This is the entry to the watch tower. It was closed when they were there. Visitors are welcome during hours.

Many steps climbed and the chicken wire sides reassured me of their safety.

The perfect frame.

This area has so much rich history. Beloved and I enjoy learning about our country and the travelers who were before us.

We lost the battery in the tailor the fourth day. Hubby recharged it and it lasted until Midnight of the last night. It was very cold down into the 40"s?. I awoke to the alarm and we shut down the gas. We awoke to a pretty cold morning. Sweet Man of mine dressed and pulled the truck up to charge the battery for the heat and pump tho work.

Dear sweet Beauty told her Daddy on the hike how much I would love this wild flower. She had him cut it for me. How Kind she is, and thoughtful of me.

The children warmed their toes. Funny I was not cold at all! Then I realized I had forgotten to take my hormone the night before! Ha! Menopause finally showed another benefit! :)

Morning has broken and the meals were needing to be prepared. Beloved stopped time to captured me.
He has captured me.
My heart is refreshed because he pursued my passion for the woods.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such lovely pictures of the AZ scenery up there. You're family is so beautiful. And your writing is so down to earth and filled with so much meaning and passion.

May God Bless You Always

Denise said...

I love to read about your family, bless you. I enjoyed the pictures.

Anonymous said...

What great pics! Makes me want to pack up and go camping :)

Corey~living and loving said...

awwwwwww looks like a wonderful time. :) you are so blessed. :)

La Tea Dah said...

What an awesome camping trip! I wish I could have been along. Our dear aunt (who's in ther 70's now) goes camping at 'the rim' for 7 - 10 days every August. She tent camps with uncle and they have a ball!

It's so amazing how your darling daughter looks so much like her mother! Kindred hearts, for sure!

:) LaTeaDah

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness