Saturday, October 20, 2007

It's been a "Dogie Day"

Good evening, I have had a full day.
Those thoughtful kids of ours let us sleep in till 8 am this morning. I over heard a "Oooo ...throw up... And I dashed to the kitchen upon awakening,to find it was only burnt egg on the burner. Sweets made eggs for Dash, very thoughtful of her and the left over mess was not too bad:)
I sat down with a bowl of cereal and the "dog day began" :)

It began with the dogie greeting, that caused me to become aware that Willy has a another fungal ear infection. He must have gotten into some water, this one was a surprise. This has happened more than once in the past when I bathe them and they get water in their ears. I cleaned them with solution but will need a Rx to get rid of it.
I took Dash to the store to get a gift for the party.
Dash had a party to attend and for the first time the "daddy Man" did the party thing with his son. It was a single Mom at a park with a lot of boys.
After the boys left Sweet Beauty stayed home with me.

Dogie morning greeting. Notice Willy point out that Rena's eye is bothering her again. Willy slaps her with his tail when the are going in and out of the door.

Miss Beauty was a little ugly about not getting to go to a "bear factory in the mall" she had watched a commercial this morning (reason I don't usually let them see Saturday T.V.) and she wanted to go. Fixed on it she had a fit. So I offered to help her make a bear here and told her I had a lot of different types of patterns to choose from. Eventually she saw no fit was going to change the budget and a $100 trip to the mall for a stuffed bear was NOT going to happen.. Not today and not likely ever.


I went to the Vets with Sweet Beauty to ask for a Rx for Willy's ears (he has the fungus in them). Now I have gone through the fungus with dogs for the umpteenth time ,yet they insist on a $40. visit to give me a lousy $12 jar of drops!Arg!!!!!!! Then they inform me that Willy needs $175. visit,shot,heart worm test,6months heart worm pills, a shot that he does not need(we never board the dogs) and the ear drops.OH OH OH then!! Rena needs it too!!!!!!!!! another $175.I don't think so. Then she whispers that the chance of heart worm is very low in our state. So I think not!!!!!!!! Oh if I come in for a shot and visit the $40. visit will only be 30. and the shot $18. so really I am only paying $8. for the shot :((((( come on did I just fall of the boat!
So of course after the Mc D. lunch date was canceled we with grace and courage went home and had a wonderful (no really it was yummy ) tuna and cracker lunch. It really was nice just Sweets and I. She was very disappointed at first but then she admitted it really was a better lunch. SCORE!

She then wanted a dog. So after some search I indeed had a pattern. You see I have been sewing and collecting from yard sales and clearance shelves for over 25 years of craft shows and home made gifts. I knew I must have one. Indeed. I had one.

When we returned form the vet the budget had shifted. I thought of going to a thrift store for a garment to recycle for the fabric, and then it hit me. I had one Sweets had a little vest that she once wore every day. So we cut it apart and shazam!

Fine motor makes for a hard time cutting so she pose for this. She tried so hard to do it.

That little dog head was very hard to do! I had the eyes and nose in my craft stuff.

Second try attaching the head was a success. The first try left it with a "tail" on its tummy ...OOPs I had to unpick the head and re attach it.

Just needs to have the back hand stitched and we are off.


Spot was meeting the "store bought" crowd.
He was very well accepted.
Beauty was off with out even a thank you...
So the Daddy Man later told her (during an altercation/correction over picking up the phone and shouting into it during a phone call he was on) how he felt about her not even thanking me. She did come in and say thank you. It gave me a chance to tell her how much I enjoyed making it "with Her".
Supper is over and we skirted another store trip. I said I would make our meal and that it was better than going out to Costco and risk the temptations of advertising and materialism (though I chose my words well with beloved). He wanted to save me the trouble of fixing a meal (sweet guy).
Monday meal plans saved me a $ I knew what to fix and I had set up an easy meal!!!!

When we spend time with each child we call it tying strings with them.
When we error we call it breaking strings. We try to keep a balance and strong ties.
That little dog was a lot of work but it was a real good (how be it very frustrating at times :) project.
Hubby did the dishes (that dear heart!) and I sit and rest a spell and wind down. I had my wheels a spinning a little to fast. These new bearings you know, I have to break them in:) Some hamsters just learn slower:)

I so wish Beauty was a kid who could do those things with me without the problems. That darling is so hard to teach and work with. She is so scattered and just all over the place. She is also funny, imaginative and playful.


Well Dash just asked nicely if I would come watch him play outside. Gotta go.
Be Embraced!

Well, we played catch and I did the poop scoop too. Dog day all done :)

2 comments:

Denise said...

I love the little dogs you made, so cute.

Amrita said...

You worked hard.The dog turned out so well.Our own creation iss much better than a store bought one.
my Sheeba also has ear trouble, I use our human ear drop and she is fine. Vets are so costly, i only go if i can 't treat them myself.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness