Friday, August 24, 2007

On Humor. Carnival of Family Life.


Dogs are not gleaming quite so brightly today.

Carnival of Family Life Hosted by Sandier Pastures

humor...
I have been enjoying the uplifting, light kindheartedness of laughter this morning. It comes at a very timely phase.
I think one day that we will laugh about this morning. I was thinking why not today. Well for one, I would never want to be unkind over another suffering. My Beloved told me that it is often humor that gets him through the challenges of our "life uncommon".
He is home now sleeping on the couch. This is, in our 25+ years of marriage unheard of!
He is awaiting a doctor appointment later this mid day....
Well that is where humor could come in... It would be at great risk however, being so close to the storm.
Oh My Sweet Hubby!
I had one of those mornings...
You know the ones that you wonder why you need to bother to react to it at first because of the grove in the record. Don't know why you keep setting the needle down when its gonna do the same thing. For those of you youngsters who can't relate we used to play albums, you can look it up in an encyclopedia. In my youth when the music skipped we just bumped the player and it would skip to the next grove and the song would continue. Well that's the norm come morning in our master bedroom. Flanked on the floor of each side of our bed we have a large dog. Willy Wonka bar J. and Rena the queen. We have kept them in our room, even though, the album keeps getting in the rut for several reasons. The effect of their presence has been like having a infant all over again for the last two years of Willy's measured life.
As the album of our mornings slip into the annoyance of dogs scratching , Wills' jowl slurping and Rena biting her paws Hubby will snap his finger, SHISH them, demand no quiet and all manner of efforts to get that morning tune back, so he can return to sleep where he belongs.
Due to the laminate flooring if we try to put a different album on It would be awakening to "heavy metal"(as in what you doing mom?...oh, sleeping...) blaring with the audience (kids) hurling through the sky's (of our bedroom doors) and no end to the concert till 10 pm that night would be achieved!
There is a definition that comes to mind here..." doing the same thing and expecting different results :{ ", but dog gone it by the end of a day who has the forethought to change that old album!

So this morning armed with all the useless tricks, sent well into utter frustration, without forethought, the dog met foot with terrible effects...(dog is fine). Hence Husband sleeping on couch because he was in too much pain to walk back into work after lunch.
Sleeping now he is. So are the Dogs flanking me feet. For I too have to remove the needle off the grove to get some peace and quiet that the wounded man needs.
I'll keep you posted as to whether it is broken.
Mean while they will sleep in the bathroom if they don't just find another (whine) grove to disturb or slumbers song.

POST SCRIPT his foot was not broken ,sprained and bruised.
see post

3 comments:

Denise said...

I am glad you found the laughter in this situation my friend, keep smiling. I love you.

KC's Blog said...

Gotta laugh, gotta smile! Your doggies are beautiful!
Hope your hubby is feeling better:) How are you doing Donetta? We are trying to keep as cool as possible but it's not easy! Oh how I wish it were January!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I hope his foot isn't broken. Glad you two have a sense of humor. I miss my 45s. :)

Keep us posted as how your husband is doing.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness