Thursday, August 23, 2007

8:40 few.... I just got in. Anyone know about "the Secret"

Hi all , Just got home from my 11 am exit to the city with dash.
My my ...my!
Before I left I was able to type the formal IEP request of testing letters. I spoke with a secratary at the special ed department. The guy in charge never called me back from back in May. Summers over into the end of the second week of school . I also left a message for the phycholigist at the local school. I informed both that it was my understanding that they now have 60 days to begin the testing I am requesting.
I got a call shortly before left and my Hubby's Father offered me a mid trip or end of trip respite of hospitality.
As I flew out the door the school psychologist called to tell me that it will not be until the 60th day that a 30 day extended slot will be a common norm until the kids are actually tested!!!!!!I let her know that it was federally obligated to happen in a order that I will be informed about. She proceeded to tell me that that does not gaurentee any intervention she strongly discouraged the speech therapy. I simply said well if there is any problem I'll just appeal for It is my role to get there needs met.
Having said all of this I asked her if she could please call dash to the office to meet me for I was now pushing the clock to get to the city and thanked her. I got to the school with copies of the formal request in hand. delivered them and signed Dash out gleefully to a happy meal and long drive.
We had a good success getting across town. Got a meal and then onto St. Joe's. I took Tuesdays paper work with me. We had a great meeting. The CRS psychologists was great. She was stunned at Dash and my repose. For she said "in all her 20 years she never heard a Mom say ("this is not an option but, a requirement")" . She had drop jaw as Dash respectfully walked out of the room peacefully and sat over at a play table just outside the door. I think I was startled at her. It is just the way it is.
The folks received Dash and I after I had spent several minuets trying to find an address for a place located dead center of the city I gave up and headed to there home to rest. I was running on empty and had all my paper work to get mailed out. I finished the paper work and napped 10 minutes ate and headed back at 6p.m. for the 7 p.m. Teachers conferences! I arrived home 6:45 out the door. Family together.

Now it is 10pm I just debriefed the day with hubby.
What happened at one of the teacher conferences blew my mind and I am miffed! I was told that if I just lived by "The Secret" that all of Doves problems would just work out fine!!!!!!!
Well more on this tomorrow. I am sure there may be truths to be had but talk about dismissals. I did however acquire the papers to get testing requested. The teacher who was on board last spring thinks we don't need an IEP that she can do what my child needs better than those who might be used to pull her out of class to intervene. AND that she knows who will teach her next year was a response when I told her that my kid will not hallways have her. IT IS SO HARD TO HELP MY KIDS!
Ya! Dash's teacher is helpful about the IEP and testing him.
Tired folks my sword is hot from all the wielding through the air today gotta let it cool!

Any one have knowledge about this...?
"THE secret" ?We saw the book on line. We saw some clip of a movie too.
Teacher says I just have to read it, that my child is feeding off of my negativity! She said that I need to just see all the good in her. It is so hard to focus an it when the needs are so glaring. Dash is not glaring the same way( of course I am getting help with his needs). It left me feeling really dung like :) ARG!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Bless your heart my warrior friend. I greatly applaud you for wielding your shield for your dear children. I am wielding mine with you, together we will stand strong. I do not know anything about the secret, but I know Who rules the world!!! I love you my friend.

Denise said...

When you have time, visit my blog, I have something for you dear one.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness