Friday, August 24, 2007

Mother and Daughter Blog Carnival

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Russia 1997


Half a world away




The image of a daughter, My daughter...Who I would have to wait months to see.
Real Life is hosting a carnival
"Somewhere out there if Love can see us through... someone is thinking of me and loving me tonight..." popular in 1997 was the children's movie "Fivel goes west"
Another song was within me during those long months "ode to Joy!'

Oh my Dove, Sweet Little Dove how you have grown. Your very name means captivating, God's gift and so you are and always have been.
Now you are 10, 10 how did it happen... 10.
Waiting those 16 years for you in my arms always knowing you would come from the womb of another. Now I see you, your smile, you are my own child.
Tonight reading to your brother surrounding him in all of who you are you shone.
So vividly your glory, your beauty of spirit shines.
Your broken wings whole, your caged life freed. Your flight restored. Peace surrounds you. I believe in you. So many hours sacrificed to save another, your little brother. You shared us as few children ever have to do. Never will you be alone it is our hope you will always have each other.
Developing into a pre-teen I can hardly believe my eyes. All around you is your glory entering into the you of your lifetime. You SHINE.
I need so much wisdom whether to proceed with intervention for your academic success with I.E.P. and all the other players I am missing just you and me. What ever I do now, I do all for your life your future. Putting aside the hours and times you must spend with others. I lay me down child with great humility. I miss you and all those hours lost to others who helped you restore.
For it was given to me this awe inspiring charge to be held: Mother.
I need so to see you and brush away all of the disabilities that hound for interventions. They clutter the view of who you are. I just want to be...Mother.
Your imagination astounds me the artistry of drama and prose. You are doing so well in school. Your ability to function is thrilling me to no end. I am so happy for you. Miss fiction my Dear.
Songs fill you and joy peaks then it explodes. I wish so much loud sound was welcome and painless for me. Your voice song is glorious and beautiful and innocently pure!
You have the most amazing golden eyes, a face so sweetly embraced with the kindness of pleasant appearance, freckles I see so cute honey... I love you . I know your hair is fair and you wish it the same as mine, your skin is pale and against my arm a difference is there, but you are my child who I simply adore. I wanted so much more for you. I never want to remain in regret that I could have done more. Knowing I have done and am doing all I am able to do. I hope that when I am old you will sup at my table.
I am so sorry you lost me for a time when you were three to illness and strangers coming for tea. All those Mothers and Sister the Aunts in the Lord who kept us and kept you while my health was restored.
Oh child, it is a part of God's plan to make you who he created you to be, I wish I could erase all the hours of tortured pain with you away from my lap . Dove I regret it, I missed out on those few years Dear Child. But you are mine. I am hear. You are near and I will draw close to you and you to me. For more than just a few years before the teen times of pulling away. When if I succeed independence you will have gained, a life of your own. Able and strong, free, walking wise and brave into your future.
Dove I have you today.
Today and tomorrow and every moments life breath. My daughter.


8 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

yep

you need yahoo instant mess.

Denise said...

This was beyond beautiful. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Touching!

Your linking is fine, I will post the list on Monday with a link to your post. Thanks for sharing this.

Cindy Swanson said...

Thanks for a wonderfully touching post! Your daughter is lovely.

TaunaLen said...

Beautiful. Hello from my corner of the blog-world!

~TaunaLen

Anonymous said...

What lovely thoughts and wishes for your beautiful daughter. I know well the heartache of longing to be 'just a mom' and sweep aside the pain of disabilities and medical challenges. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post!

Unknown said...

That was amazing and lovely. A wonderful tribute to your daughter.

Kim @ TheBitterBall

Julie Arduini said...

A gorgeous tribute. What a touching post!

Julie
http://thesurrenderedscribe.blogspot.com/

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness