Thursday, June 28, 2007

Corn field suprise!

We were driving home from our full day of Summer school, Dash Hawks therapy and a farewell visit (she does not allow good bye) to my Sister.
The children chimed "I wish we could walk through the corn field Momma", as we drove through the reservation ( I avoid the freeway, cause like Dash Hawk says it is not always free). I said "no"," its hot". Then I remembered who I was, i thought more of who I am and what I wanted to give them. Than to their amazement I pulled over and stopped. "Whats the matter momma?", Lets walk through the corn field, "OH BOY!" rang the chorus, "OH MOMMA!"
I showed them how to avoid the mud and then thought "so What" they get a little muddy boo hoo is it really something I need to stress about, this will be the last stop before home, and then I let it go. I entered a row a few feet and just let them walk in a few yards. "OH MOMMA!!
We then crossed the road to look for rocks to scrape the shoes "use it as I tool"I taught them.
There was a three foot wide two food deep water four foot deep from grade ditch full of running irrigation water. I encouraged them to throw rocks, and do the chicken dance to get the mud off the shoes. They were so cute. Then the jackpot not one but two balls a float in the ditch. Little Dove with her simplicity was not to be deterred so I showed her a search for an extension to her reach. I thought the use of a branch for a tool. Her ball a large smiley face seemed perfect and Dash found a blue one and we used the same "tool" The perfectly rake like tree branch that was feather weight from drying out in the sun.
I took them back over gave thanks and tore off a corn stalk each. We put those the balls into the trunk and after I washed them off with sanitizing wet wipes sat them down one by one and removed the shoes into the trunk as well.
The drive home seemed really loving the air in the car full of a wonderful contentment.
Upon our arrival home we removed the balls and shoes set them out to be washed and sanitized. Then the fun they each in their own was un pealed the corn ears. Little Dove had a new friend a green caterpillar she named "Pickle" and to my joy dash who slowly pulled back one section at a time made a new friend as well we call him "Batman " a black caterpillar. The corn is feed corn so we left it for our bird buddies.
Yes it was 110* My hat was on the seat from when the trunk had the groceries replaced it this morning. Yes it was very hot. The joy in my heart and the fun and pleasure of my children living my hearts desire out for them. Melted away the attitude that can be much worse than the temperature outside!

No comments:

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness