Monday, January 10, 2011

Meal Plan Monday ~Del Monte Splinda Pollution!


Every day
carrots/yellow veggie
whole grain
leafy veggie
green tea
fruit
nuts

Three times a week
oily fish
yogurt
avocado
broccoli
sweet potato


Once a week
red meat
sugary desert
(wine) we do not drink however


miscellaneous chicken, turkey, eggs and other things like fresh foods not listed are added. Just this is the base of the menu each week. We have made it our dietary 'way of life'.  Each person is considered. For the different meals of the day. Dove eats her nuts in the morning.

click to image enlarge
Yesterday for supper desert I prepared a fruit salad. At the grocer there was a good deal on Mandarin Oranges. Knowing me of course you know I purchased a few of them. Also knowing me you would know that I have never used or would ever purchase artificial sweeteners. To my dismay and disgust what I purchased as 'No Sugar added' so as to be able to use the juice in another recipe. As the can was being opened it was then that the label stood out. SPLINDA! that garbage was in my FRUIT! What in the world! Why!? Why would anyone pollute fruit (sweet wonderful) a God given gift of nurture.

I HATE ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER!
Give me sugar, molasses, honey not poison.

4 comments:

Susie said...

I agree! If you are going to eat something sweet, eat something sweet!

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

I totally agree - NO Artificial sweetners for me either. I do not like how there are so many big money companies out there spreading the word that they are safe when they are not.
Lisa :o)

Reighnie said...

Artificial sweeteners are their solution for diabetics. Unfortunately, Splenda is the better alternative over aspartame.

Denise said...

Sounds good.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness