Saturday, October 16, 2010

elbows,toes then a foot. Moments later sirins police and the coronor...

What a strange strange day I have had...
We had a child sleep over last night. Call her Lena...well all the children went to the football field and played as Steve and I walked the track around them. They played soccer with abandon until we took all three of them for ice cream. Dove with her Special needs feels nothing...she was walking toward us to leave and sat on the grass..."honey she's hurt" say I. "no she just does not want to leave" the daddy man replies. "no, my antenna is up, shes hurt" I repeated.
We walk to her and she has busted open both of her big toe nails, BLEEDING! She did not even know it until the fun was over. She has the sensory integration stuff. Her neurons just do not process pain normally. She knew something was wrong with her toes but it just did not register. She gets up and walks to the car "oh I'm alright" she said. Steve said "no honey your not alright your toes are hurt.
She was not even phased!




This the next day now...While the kids were riding a neighborhood boy stops by and Dash said "mom He's hurt his arm". This the child call him Gary is the kid that plays with ours regularly. So I give him first aid on a half dollar size road rash on his elbow.

Steve and I are sitting on the front porch, as our windshield is being replaced (it was damaged) no big deal. We were however outside. Kids riding bikes helmets on. Then a screaming Lena (call her) is major red in the face as Steve and I are trying to understand what happened. Her and Dove got on a bike tandem (the grand mother had just told Lena not to do so before she came here the night before). Lena's foot got caught in the front tire spokes. BARE FOOT! She tore all of the flesh off of the big toe and the next two toes from tip under to the pad of foot. Just skinned it almost to bone. First aid being done and the child trying to get a parent to come. After a half hour to 45min. The mother comes at the same time the grandpa pulls up. The Mother a VERY stressed out single mom. She had to leave work where it is so strict that points are given against them. The Grandpa lovingly walks up to pick Lina up and carry her to his truck. Steve took the child as the elder had no business carrying her. The Mother walks up NO JOKE yells at the child "I had  1 & 1/2 taken against me!" The grandpa said "STOP!" to her.
Steve carries Lena over to the grandpa's truck and they are off to the hospital.

Emergency Sign

Now meanwhile Dove is hiding up in the attic! We found her then in the computer room all red faced not willing to accept any words or comfort "I'm fine"!
So I told Steve we have to shut her off so she will feel her feelings. Get ready for a battle. Even if shes gets angry she will at least feel and stop stuffing it. She gave us a little grief. Then we feed her. Mean while I did some first aide on those toes of hers.

Now all this time Dash is down at Garry's house. I get him home and feed him and then let him return.
Before he leaves he said "be careful mom"

Ambulance

All of this in oh 45 minutes time or so. Then while moments later sitting at my vanity gromming I hear an ambulance. Strange feeling came over me like it was an old ice cream truck and I listened and gradually it came closer and closer. I flew up and out the door yelling for Steve to come fast! The police two cares come after the fire engine, then two ambulance. I am walking as fast as possible now.
Neighbors came out and ask of me and I just said "my boys down there".
I round the corner and knowing that Garry's Grandparents lived near by not sure what house was theirs I ring the bell at Garry's house and asked. Indeed it was at Garry's Mothers', Mothers that the emergency was happening. Garry's mom comes out and I asked if she wanted me to say with her she asked me too. We walked together and entered to find that Garry's Grandpa was Dead!

T10 CORONER BLACK
They will have to deal with this within the next few hours


I stayed as Steve took Garry and our kids back to our house. Steve overheard the paramedics say they were trying to revive him. So Steve explained to asking children what that meant. Meanwhile I am there at the home of the grandparents praying over all the folks at tasks. Just standing there praying. The police man recognized me from when they arrested the man who had robbed a neighbors house. Same officer. So he and I speak and I tell him of how much I have personally prayed for him as well. After our interactions of past I have often thought of the officers and prayed for the safety. So all this is going on and once I get a parent to tell Gary I could then leave. For I knew not to return home to inquisitive kids. We will keep Gary a day or two. Gary is a Special Needs kid. He is ADHD BIG TIME! I think the child also may have mild autism.


The children are playing I am stunned and sorta standing on holy ground. The way I was drawn and called into the events of the last 6 hours amaze me. We are still awaiting news on Lena's foot. That poor child just begged "I want my mom" and when the mom got here not an ounce of empathy or tenderness. I held that baby's face in her grandpas truck and told her she did nothing wrong. That her mom is just stressed out. That she is worthy so to speak of all the love and kindness. I told her I loved her and they were off. She is still at hospital 5 hours later now.

So PLEASE pray for 
Garry's grandma and the family at large (Garry's mom as she is helping her now widowed mother)
Pray for Garry for as the evening sets in so might the reality that his grandpa just died. He is numb right now like it is just a normal play day. 
I need wisdom! Steve and I both.
Please pray for Lena, her mother that she might be able to overcome at work the penalties and that her job not be in jeopardy. She had only and hour of shift left but no guardianship to the grandparents and I had no way to get the child to and urgent care because of lack of insurance information. Or parental permission for that matter.
Pray for Dove she is also wrecked and is disassociating and not congruent to emote. She is being very kind to Garry (a child she does not particularly like). We may have this boy here for two days.
MERCY for all.
Thank you
No this is not a fictional story

3 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

UUUMMmmmm WOW. prayers of some kind of peace.

Denise said...

God bless all of those mentioned, saying prayers for everyone. I love you.

Debra said...

Wow. What a day! Aren't you glad they're not all like that? Again, wow. So much in just a few hours. Praying that all will eventually be well with everyone involved. Blessings, Debra

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness