Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Good Evening
all

How sweet it is having a daughter.
It is now 9:45 and she is talked out...
she has such wonderful thoughts and idea.
Her mind full of wonder.
She tells me of all of her adventures on the games she plays on computer.
We speak of things of growing things of those adolescent days.
Values and truths.
Realities and life to come.

This day so full began with the pharmacy calling to confirm for the knee injections.
It looks like all has been approved by my insurance.
The injections that are $16oo. have been approved at 100%.

There will only be the three co-pays for the three weekly visits to come.
The injections to begin on Oct 26 when I return from Floria.

By the end of the day the appointment for the afternoon of that day set to receive the first in a series of three.
The assistant at the office is so helpful to do all the work with the insurance.
I am very grateful for all of her kind help.
Saves me several hours on the phone.
Each knee will have three injections when all is said and done within a three week time frame.
This to stave off the knee replacement a few more years.


My heart and mind has been with Debbie and her family all weekend.
Even this evening is just sorta quiet of spirit.
She and her husband are walking a very difficult road.

Our day here a new raised bed on the other side of the garden shed to mirror the other. By days end it is filled and the soil mixture ready to be planted.
The last of the beds to dig out and amend in the main garden plot is now finished too.
I only have until Saturday to make it ready to receive the onions.
The lettuce may wait until my return from Florida.
The hard labor of it done however.
When I get home I will not be able to do that work for a good three weeks or so until my knees settle down after all the injections. So now all is ready to plant that I can do easily with knees being an issue if they are so.

Thankfully the goals have been reached!

It is a good thing to live life with goals in mind.
Next up is to ready the house, family and myself for the trip to Florida for the bloggers retreat.
Steve took off today and so did the children have fall break and will all be home in the morrow and over the  weekend. Family cord tying time.
A cord of three strands is not easily broken.
We call of times cord tying because that is actually what we intentionally do.
So these cord tying times are the sweetest of life.

Lighting improvements were made in the kids rooms by the daddy man via attic fodder.
Dash is just loving the loft bed.

The chickens are happy again for we are getting between 3-5 eggs a day out of the six of them.
It is so good to see that again.

Speaking of the ample provisions....
Beloved Steve as I worked in the garden came to tell me of his thought to go to the grocery to get a bag of frozen french fries to add to my burgers for supper.
The cashier said
"YOU won!"
Oh!
A box of healthy (all things relative) desert for the evening meal!
Funny!
He had set up a movie and I finished the garden work went to shower.
We all watched an old John Wayne movie.
True Grit.
The actress is a spit fire of a girl with great character.
Dove Archer loved it.

She now awaits my arrival for she asked if I could come and cuddle with her.
Cords to weave my friend, I must leave.

Thankful to this day intertwined within the circle of life held within Papa Gods' loving hands to hold my daughter within mine.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Sweet family blessings.

Annette said...

Enjoy these mother & daughter times when they can and will talk about anything and everything, I MISS mine so much, Amanda laying in bed and we'd talk just like the 2 of you. Someone told me "Nothing more precious than daughter, and nothing better than a sons touch" and O so very true.

Hugs~
Annette

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness