Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thrusday *Friends


join us over at Grace Alone


A moment to sit and reflect is a wonderful gift.
How I desire to stop and celebrate it!

I sit with a wonderful cup of coffee that has a homemade chocolate syrup in it.
I so am grateful for all those who's shared knowledge enriches our lives

Listening now to the soundtrack from the movie "Chocolate"
The instruments that so many took time, efforts energy's and great sacrifice to attain the skill at. How wonderful that each cared to perform to perfect the talent and gain those skills. It is as each of us. Our instruments differ yes but oh when we are at our top...making those strides and efforts to achieve the best at who we are and what we do.
The gift is in the acquisition through the sacrifice and example of courage, diligence and perseverance.
That tenacity!

As I was listening to the soundtrack form the movie "Big Fish" I was able to get another window covered in the UV reflective film. It is around $5-7 a pane.
So far it really can be felt. The heat is so greatly reduced. This is the same film we did on the big patio door that took the heating bill way down.
I have the next one scraped down with the razor blade.
Thank you Steve for stopping for them last night it is nice to get going on this job.
The transplanting has been done of the beans and peas in the dark of the night last night. I used the beading lamp shining out the window.

Today I started these things
borage- sage -thyme
Basel two types of it

Romain

Celery

How wonderful it is to have a mind that can think
reason
study
learn and grow.
How many of you have learned a new thing today on purpose?
Last night I studied at great length the gardening by the moon phase and the zone elevations 1200 ft above sea level for my area.
The post is up over at BEE BLISS GARDENS

It is wonderful that I have the tasks of life that bring me pleasure and even anxs at times :)
It is a joy you know to live.
It is in the labor of our hand that we are to be content and more than that it is in the reward of that labor accomplished that we find pleasure.

I spoke with an old friend yesterday...took time and called her. Sat and looked over my old phone list...so often I forget people who I have not spoken to over long periods of time. I may think of them and say a prayer...but yesterday I intentionally nurtured a friendship...

It was a good gift.
She reminded me of who I am and what I live by.
Like a person often when my Bible Buddy (God) sits over a long time that dust sorta fogs the rules and precepts of the Manuel.

Be thankful in all things making your request made own before God.

And the peace of Christ shall guard your hearts and minds

Things like

FRET NOT! neither be dismayed ...Trust in God.
She reminded me that this is not presented as an option but a command so that it will instruct us to have that awesome life that so often makes no sense to the world around us...let alone our own families...

Back to task
with an appreciation today
that "I GET TO DO THEM"

I breath, stand, walk and move.
many do not.

6 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Donetta, you have a grateful heart. I'm amazed at how you are really getting into growing herbs and doing the gardening, even here in hot AZ. I have grown basil but that's about it. But I'm starting to be interested. The gift of friendship is wonderful. I'm glad that I got to meet you at our luncheon at Gooseberries several weeks ago.

Denise said...

I am so grateful for you, I love you.

Susie said...

You have inspired me to revisit my indoor garden. In less than a month, that is all I will have:-)

i said...

I've enjoyed reading your post! Now that you've mentioned about the basils, I just remembered buying some basil and sweet pea seeds which I've yet to plant. Must get down to doing it this weekend. Many blessings to you!

Annette said...

your a busy gal..my mom grows some of her own herbs and from time to time she'll give me some and I love them! I told my husband that if we ever get a chance to own our own home again I want a yard big enough to have a garden, in the mean time I buy from local farmers.
Love ya~
Annette

KC's Blog said...

Hello Friend :)
Just curious, I noticed on your list it says, "dog ears." Is everything o.k. with your doggy?

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness