Sunday, August 16, 2009

Good Sunday to you/yours and to us...

After a night awake in prayer
At the rise of the sun I went to the garden
Worked the three of four foot of earth to till.
This is how it looked at mid day

Under the giving tree this morning once again a gift
It has been a long while that a gift has been left.
Funny gift under the giving tree today
You see we had an extra child (two) all weekend each evening a 5th person for supper and the set of 4 tables THAT MATCH THIS ONE was leaving one person out!
A 5th table brand new!!!!!!!!!!



The cool of the kitchen called to me after a good nap on the sofa
after the mixing and kneading the racks were set out to receive the gifts of the oven.

Breakfast cookies for my beloveds' morning meals

Peanut Butter cookies for the kids and snack time

yes that is a well used oven
:)

At the sink is the joy of a gardener
Beans and peas so happy to have been given the inoculate

shelling peas


Blue Lake beans

A cooks life
:)
dishes cleaned while my darling built the soil screen I need to save my hands the hard work

The root vegetables want for free growth no clod or stone to interrupt the reach for life.

The beauty of fresh cookies
Whole wheat peanut butter (1/3 soy butter) shhhh

Christmas is in the works as the lay outs continue


Repairs and a pin for me of some sweet little Russian findings I have had many years.

Unlike the sunrise woman the sweet man would rather the heat of the day than to rise when it is cool. Silly to me but this is his way that I will just shake my head at and respect.
He worked to get the fence up
It is awesome!
He was able to move the gazebo over a bit by removing the brick boarder.
He tour up and out the cement boarder and took out the block.
This has been an issue all these years
Keeping Bermuda grass out unless strong poison is used is impossible.
We do not wish to poison if we do not absolutely have to for the safety of family and pets. We just do not believe in killing in such an indiscriminate way.
Now for desperate insect issue indoors we will only do so it and when we have exhausted all other methods even then I really do not like to need to do it.
A garden tour reviews many young starters


multi colored summer squash


zucchini

giant pumpkin

Spaghetti squash

a few tiny cucumber in the back ground

corn and ? perhaps the flowers

Blue lake planted without the inoculant several days ago...
what a difference!

All the while the kitchen busy with baked goods
breads


cookies for treat and for breakfasts

Well giving him Gateraide and ushering him in to cool the gazebo is in the sights
Can you just imagine how awesome it will look all grown in with vinesBread and jam for a paupers meal
Eat breakfast like a king
lunch like a prince and supper like a poor man.
So the Daddy man is playing with the young ones and I rest and relax here...

If you have not read the wonder of Amy's journey so see over here what transpired in the middle night hours...

4 comments:

Annette said...

I love you....
will you post what spaghetti squash looks like, please? don't think I've ever seen any before. and maybe post that breakfast cookie recipe too? I think that's all I want for now, after all I have the best thing from you...your friendship & Love..
Hugs~
Annette

Denise said...

I love you, praying for your week.

Amrita said...

Love the harvest of your green fingers and oven trays

Susie said...

You were so busy!!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness