Saturday, August 1, 2009

Gazebo Gift


In the shade
by Donetta

Beautiful
Cupola
Commands a wide view
Look into me and I you
Admitting light
Air we breath
Fear we flee
Drew near you to me
Souls quenched

Common ground
Covering with it's delicacy
Crowns the arbor of infinity
Unity flows from the cup
Vaults the assembly
Approach choose the right
At peace
How bright is your light?

Belfry of iconic value
Rung to set the time
Query for souls
Not the campanile who stands alone
Unattached from others
They totter as leaning Towers
Life amplified sounded through
His divine expanse.

Cathedral frees captivity
As children rest in shade
Tender hearts
Openly share
Life all around
Walks soften in her form
Tender faced
I gazed at you

Listening ears with hungry heart
Removed yourself
To gain
Truth spoken
Oh Summerhouse that welcomed me
Your freestanding open generosity
Uprights hold the towers form
Though tarpon frayed and weather worn.

So came near to me this earthen form
Like me a little weather worn
We reaped the life so tenderly
We heard... bells did tole
For strangers once upon this land
Now called from every corner
Come join the congratulations choir
Sing under gazebo shade.

So quenched a soul
Who found another
To speak of all this wonder
I thank you
Delighted in the moment
Our paths did cross
Upon this earth

For all we give for all we are worth
What is it then but to love another
It is they who become a sister or a brother.


There are times in our lives when asked of us is something we most love to give. Today quipt= (quipt (via) Extremely clever idea) a gift of words...Things are not important it is hearts that matter...


ga·ze·bo (g-zb, -z-)
n. pl. ga·ze·bos or ga·ze·boes
1. A freestanding, roofed, usually open-sided structure providing a shady resting place.
2. A belvedere.



gazebo [gaz-zee-boh]
Noun
pl -bos a summerhouse or pavilion with a good view [perhaps a pseudo-Latin coinage based on gaze]

Word: Gazebo

Definition: A freestanding roofed structure usually open on the sides.

Open structure, supported by columns and covered with a column-supported roof.

A freestanding, roofed, usually open-sided structure which provides a shady resting place. Usually square, hexagonal or octagonal shaped. If on the roof of a house, it is called a belvedere.


bel·ve·dere           Listen to the pronunciation of belvedere
Pronunciation:
\ˈbel-və-ˌdir\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Italian, literally, beautiful view
Date:
1593
: a structure (as a cupola or a summerhouse) designed to command a view

bel·ve·dere (blv-dîr)
n.
A roofed structure, especially a small pavilion or tower on top of a building, situated so as to command a wide view.

[Italian : bel, bello, beautiful (from Latin bellus; see deu-2 in Indo-European roots) + vedere, to see, view (from Latin vidre, to see; see weid- in Indo-European roots).]

The open cupola of Faneuil Hall (built c. 1742) in Boston, Massachusetts

In architecture, a cupola is a small, most-often dome-like structure, on top of a building.[1] Often used to provide a lookout or to admit light and air, it usually crowns a larger roof or dome.[2][3] The word derives, via Italian, from the lower Latin cupula (classical Latin cupella from the Greek kypellon) small cup (lat. cupa) indicating a vault resembling an upside down cup.[4] Cupolas often appear as small buildings in their own right. They often serve as a belfry, lantern, or belvedere above a main roof. In other cases they may crown a tower, spire, or turret.[3] The chhatri, seen in Indian architecture, fits the definition of a cupola when it is used atop a larger structure.


Bell tower

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

A bell tower (also belfry) is a tower which contains one or more bells, or which is designed to hold bells, even if it has none. In the European tradition, such a tower most commonly serves as part of a church and contains church bells. When attached to a city hall or other civic building, especially in continental Europe, it is often named "belfry". Elsewhere, the term "belfry" refers strictly to the part of the tower which contains the bells. Thus some bell towers have no belfry. The occasional free standing bell tower may also be referred to by its Italian name, campanile. Old bell towers may be kept for their historic or iconic value, though in countries with a strong campanological tradition they often continue to serve their original purposes as well.

Bell towers are common in China and countries of the related cultures, where they may appear both as part of a temple complex and as an independent civic building.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Beautiful words written here my friend, love you.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness