Monday, July 27, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...


Outside my window... The sun is bright, the grass is tall and lanky in need of a mowing. The chickens sit quietly in the shade.

I am thinking... How encouraged I am with Dove. She went thought her flash cards so well! Only the 9's and the 12's were an issue after all this time!

From the learning rooms...
Esteem Builders on Affiliation this morning shook out that Dash felt terribly betrayed by Dove letting out a secrete that hurt him when other kids found out. I have to handle that one delicately.

I am thankful for... Effort that yield results and forgiving children. Prayers of the many who are backing me up as I walk on in pursuit of all that is called of me.

From the kitchen... Reheated pasta for lunch and a menu to prepare.

I am wearing... :) I am still in my maroon night gown it is noon.

I am reading...Eldala by Michele Gregory, gardeners encyclopedia and a post about setting a life plan.

I am hoping... To relax and accomplish peacefully

I am creating... A blouse for myself that has been untouched on the sewing machine for over a week.

I am praying...To keep Him as my center

Around the house...I let the dogs in and the floors really show it! The kids are playing and Many tasks call me.

One of my favorite things... navel orange eaten in the tree...with birds joining me on the branches.

A few plans for the rest of the week... gaining school supplies, looking through what we have to make due and not need to purchase as much. Doing daily flash card. Esteem builders for the kids. Spending a lot of time equipping them emotionally for school. Going to the bank and the post. Working more on the earth out in the garden to get ready. Perhaps a little rest. Setting down on paper some goals and objectives to better get a center of purpose.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Asking questions of the kids is really helpful to get inside who they are.
I might like to type all these out and make a game of flash cards.
It would even be cool for adult friends.

4 comments:

Mary said...

You are a good mom and wife, with so many reeponsibilities and people depending on you. God has given you an extra dose of love, strength, and energy to meet the needs of your family. Please don't forget to take care of youself!

Denise said...

You day seems to be very full but so organized! Have a wonderful and very organized Tuesday!

Hugs

Susie said...

That would be a neat game.

Denise said...

I enjoyed your daybook.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness