Friday, May 1, 2009

Art Master Piece...the conclusion


conclusions...

All that energy of darkness needed light to be shined on it...
So here is what I did.

I just called her back...
"hello S-----, say I

"On hi Donetta" said she

"I have been racking my mind to think of how it might have been interpreted an issue of assignment to the kids and this is what I came up with. ..."
I told her of a packet on pointillism where a master of a blank flower is...
I suggested that she get into that packet and remove that so that this does not repeat itself.
"I think that when I handed this out to the one teacher she may of thought it an assignment for it was returned to me. I gave it to the kids to do on their own time."

She said that she would remove it.

I told her regarding the time thing that I could put a timer in my bag for the next year to help me kept better track, for with 28 kids in my face time is hard to keep track of.

She thought both of those were good ideas, then her voice softened...

" S---- , I began a little choked up. When you called me with no salutation or greeting, and told me all I had done wrong, with a curt tone..., and yet never thanked me for what I had done..."

She interrupted with..."I thought I did thank you...perhaps you don't remember it..."

I said" if you did the other rang much louder in my ear. It really hurt" voice shaking

She softer said..."wow, my life is so full personally that I just wanted to get it over with...When the district office called me to complain that the guidelines were at issue, I really did not like having to deal with it. I don't think I will do this again next year. It has been a really hard year with all the stress of the budget cuts and Art Master is an expensive program to offer and the big wigs are finding any fault they can with it.....

"That sounds very stressful" say I
I asked " was the complaint about me singly..."


said she that it was general, and when she went around and asked it was then that I was the one complained about.

I told her that I understood challenges at home. That I am raising two special needs kids and I fully understood how hard it can be...

She softened and she spoke of her fatigue of serving in the capacity she was in. She spoke of how she hated to have to even call me. That she just wanted to get it over with. She acknowledged that she was far less compassionate than she normally would have been.
Then she apologized for the fact that she did pour out those feeling of frustration and fatigue on me on me.

I told her that I accepted her apology and forgave her.

When in conversation she brought it up again, I reiterated that I had forgiven her.
I told her however if any other of us received a call like that she may want to consider if any further action should be taken regarding it.

One thing that continues to bother me is the lack of respect that I was shown by whoever decided to call district on me instead of setting a boundary that I could of easily found a solution to.

I do understand that it is her role to be the intermediary to confront the issue. I was not offended by it I was stunned. It was the tone and lack of kindness of the call that hurt.
It was embarrassing, it came off so shaming.

OH CLEAN HANDS
IT IS FINISHED

3 comments:

Annette said...

I read your post's and I'm sorry....but remember, the children truly enjoyed you and that you put your heart into and you too enjoyed the time you had with these children, some people just have no class, wish I was there to defend you, the way I'm feeling right now about things, I'd rip them apart, SHAME on them! I'm sorry, but don't let something like this ruin the enjoyment you had with these children.
Love ya~
Annette

Denise said...

Bless you dear one.

Denise said...

I second that A.......... just show me their face! I hate the fact that you had your feelings hurt and wonder why in the world people have to be like that..... You did good and that is ALL that is need to be said............. Hugs girl

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness