Wednesday, April 8, 2009

busy week

While down loading the images.
Mending these wrist bands for Dove it helps her motion sickness.
Her sensory issues really can make a car trip hard on the little lady.

Hello,
Well what a busy week here.
I know..... nothing new to that effect :)
I have been doing some tasks that called for a whole hearted devotion.

Steve drove the white truck. He looked so handsome in it.
It is really the cats meow. Yet the money is not here yet.
Well I am the one who drug my heals getting the taxes done.
:)
Mercy is a good thing here.
We will not purchase it unless it is cash on the spot.
We are committed to that. We will just need to trust:)
Not to hard to do with a God like mine.

Happy to be "Passed Over"


We had a Leg of lamb for supper along with a wonderful family lesson.

Steve reiterated the Family Way Lesson I covered earlier today.
The kids were antsy during it and I finally just laid it on the line with them.

I told them I could just drop them at the door of some Sunday School class and hope that they are not taught error, or I could do what their father and I have chosen to do to teach them ourselves. I told them that it is not an easy task to prepare my lesson and to make sure I do not teach error to them. It is life or death importance, I told them. They are beginning to really see that I am committed to this. I let them know I really want to enjoy them and to enjoy each other. This is a gift I am giving them.
I hope I am getting through.
Dash is a jouster and it is hard to teach him timing .
The kids and I walked a serving down to the corner, there is a Sister in the Lord who is crippled and lives alone. We shared the "Passed Over" Joy with her.
Our bedroom blind has been out of commission for a few weeks the cord broke and so it had to stay lowered. I really have missed the glorious light that comes in the room.
Today I enjoyed that light. Steve removed it in order for me to have the light to clean the room and the closet.
It has felt so dark.
He and I re-strung the blind!
NO COST!
I even had a spool of twine set for pearl necklaces. Good and strong and fine in size.

Ya it is finished.
Boy do I miss having curtains. I hope to make some over the summer.
I have been playing with bright colors and black.

Tedda!!!!!!!!!
All the laundry hung, the clothing sorted and a large basket of give away accumulated.
The organized types of shirts and such.
All the winter things swapped for the summer clothing. See the plastic tubs on the upper shelving. We store suitcases on the upper left out of view.
Under it out of view are the long dresses, skirts, gowns and such.
I am so amply clothed. I asked once...well I determined I would not spend money on clothing to fit the weight gained vessel of mine. God gave a girl who lost her momma a evening with me and she gave me a ton (literally) of clothing that was her deceased mothers. Her mom needed her child to have an elder sister to comfort her. I think that was just a year or so ago.
This was a big job today!
I am so pleased to have finished it.


I stripped the "big bed" as it is lovingly called. Down to the allergy sack, washed all layers.
Steve and I have yet to turn it and make it up for the night.

I am planning the time to set aside a layout for the garden extension. This shed will be moved to the other side of the back yard and become a garden shed. I am thinking about making a bed on both sides over there and growing vines or beans over it. May as well be able to eat it if I am going to grow it. That side yard to be gated off at the corner one day and to plant blueberries.
I must start work on getting the rock moved and the soil set to acidic. Then one day a gate?

The 4 runner got the new windshield

looks so good.
With the new tires, if it is that we get the new truck well this one is set to sell.
It has brand new tires on it.

At the end of last week the kids had their art showing at the elementary.

To the right above her head is Doves.
She was so proud of it. I also have a similar to at her shoulder image that she did here at the house.

Now within the first 5 minutes I had to grab Dash more than three times as he is sorta challenged by the sensory issues and almost set three different tables over. I was trying to steady a bull in a art gallery :)
Poor thing was really a mess about it. Try as I might there are just those times when it has to be stopped fast, he just kept leaning on the sets where the pictures where on.
I just felt awful about it as did he. He really was not acting badly. He is just unaware of himself in space , especially when he is sensory overloaded.

The arts are really a celibrated thing at their school and that is just a delight to me.

Dash's has the face on it.
White on black,oil pastel and chalk.

This is a delight to me.
Click to enlarge.
Only after about 5 shots .
I GOT HIM!!!!!!!!!!
mid flight.
This for the new blog I created this week.
BEE BLISS GARDENS

That day I got the test results I splurged on this.
I live, I choose life!
Soooo....a tool to help me create it.
I found it used. Hard cover, it is a beautiful volume.


Did you know that trees are happiest when a child is in them.

Every morning at the corner. While the kids await the bus this tree gets and gives joy!
The home owner is alright with it.

He even trimmed it to be more accessible to the kids.
This is the joy of the morning to them.
It is how i start every day.
Watching my darlings climb a tree, no better way girl to see them off on their way.

They have been taught to respect life. Not to even take a leaf off.
It is living so it is cared for as such, this I teach my children with intent.
Special needs kids need to have few surprises, with the sensory issues we use preventative parenting as much as needed to keep shock and strain at bay.
On the road to Damaskis on the wall is Steves favorite image and story.
The family got on line and watched U TUBE videos of every ride.

The other evening Steve came in and said run fast camera op!
I did so only to find that Dove has been taking (organic yikes) apples out to the chickens.
We will be getting some less costly apples for her to do so. I see her calm. Do you see her focus.
How cool is that!?

Did get those enchiladas done.
I made a portabella mushroom sauce in the blinder with tofu and spices of cumin , cayenne and such. The chicken in the "glass" (never micro plastic) jar was heated in the micro, then the rolled whole wheat tortilla, covered with sauce and a bit of cheese for those who could have it.
Heated and ready for simple supper.

This week my big goal was to get the cutting table cleared!
I had Christmas cards at the bottom of the pile for goodness sake!
Many tasks to finish up.
I have gifts I want to make, and a new baby (my newest great nephew) to sew for.
I reset the table skirt , it is Velcro so a reset of the skirt covered the space better and the other end is hidden behind the beading desk anyway.
YA!!!!!!!
Do you see some sewing posts in the near future?
:)

A scrap of yardage and the little bunny basket I made years ago and a nice supper table. Yep, even got the table cleared!
WOW I am even impressed.
Unpacking this place has left me with so many many piles of papers to sort through frome the old home school days.
That little candle was given to me years back by a wonderful SILove.
Hi Nan if your reading.
I found the little bunnies last week after the visit to the doctors.
It was an Easter gift to me. Got them for a $1 at the .999cent store.
The cake stand is from Penza, Russia.
Some how we made it back with that in tact. It will be given to Dash as a wedding gift some day. That was the city we adopted him from.
Also found these beautiful acrylic eggs, 6 for $1 just had to buy $4 worth.
I love the look on the table.
Each year Easter decorating has gained one or two things.
The table topper is the one I quilted Bren...
All hand stitched like the one you made me.
It is on the sewing table folks go look at the beauty she created it is in sunflower. Well I guess it is hard to see.

I really enjoyed my day...
Lunch was some warmed home made beans and chicken in gravy,
strawberry and tomato homegrown.
I just love that. Those raddish were a fun snack as well this afternoon.

Well now I am cought up with this jurnal I call A Life Uncommon.
These are the memories for my family.
For me.

I love my children with a passion.
I love my husband with depth of spirit unmatched in any other human relationship.
To all of you my blogging buddies it is a joy to share this road together.
Your hearts, kindnes and beauty inspire me daily.
You are a gift.

3 comments:

Denise said...

I am so proud of you, and your dear children.

Susie said...

Wow! You have been busy:-)

Denise said...

I read this and then read it again and I was tired and had to take a nap! hahahhaha You inspire me to be a better ----- Cook----- Mother--- Wife-- Gardner- Chicken raiser- Art Show Goer--- Sunday School Teacher- Seamstress- Cleaner Upper- Rock Mover- Pickup Fixer Upper- Bed Stripper - clutter find a place for it doer------ Whew! I need another nap!

I just love your posts...... Love them!

Did I tell you I love your posts!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness