Friday, January 23, 2009

In the Garden


Good Evening!
Thought I would show you the harvest of the day/week.
I got up the gumption and went out to the store today.
Mr and I were able to save over budget $500. this month!
So I got a forked hoe to tend the earth.
Been out in the garden all evening.

The Chinese cabbage is in as are the pole beans, radishes, and Copenhagen Cabbage.
There are three 16' furrow's worked now.
The cabbage is in two of them and the other one will have the carrots.
The carrots will go in the next time I am in the garden.

Got dark on me and I just needed to stop.
The sugar snap and peas are surprising me , I thought for sure I lost them.
They had so much on them I can make a nice meal out of them.
The tomatoes are reddening too.
The Simpson black seed is still given me lettuce leaf.

The million dollars cherry tomatoes are loaded with young fruit.
I was able to get three tomato cages today and placed them on the three plants in the bail. One of the plants has Roma, and another has a nice round slicing variety.
My Dog (the Lab) keeps trying to eat those plants also.
I am guarding them with chicken wire.

The Egg count is rising and this keeps the family well in eggs and as it turns out just the perfect amount. Have not purchased eggs seance Christmas (baking).

I purchased a nice asparagus fern for the entry way. It is my gift to me for this month. So pretty ! There was a nice plant stand for free on the curb last week, that and an empty pot that I had. Need a little potting soil and I'm set It is huge , I found it for 10.88! too cool!
That was my big splurge.
It felt real nice.

I'll have a gift to make for my dear friend. We are going to get together next Tuesday.
I look real forward to an evening out with the girls.
That is the night before my sleep deprived EEG test.
If I am going to be sleepless there is no better way!
Spending time having fun.

If you recall My Sweet Mr gave me a Camera thing to Skipe, that is to have a talk over the computer like your on the phone ,but ya can see each other.
This day and age is so amazing. Dove and Dash are getting to know their aunt from a distance. Yet they still get the bennefet of another known adult in their lives.
My sister two years elder has been calling me several times.
Each morning she calls.

Funny how life travels by.
Here we are middle aged women and becoming friends.
Who would of thought it.

I really care about her.
She and her husband have just lost everything with the deportation threat.
He is a Brittish citizen and 25 years ago was told he had no need to get American citizenship.
Well they sold the house in bad times thinking that they would be kicked out and then got a stay.
Have now been in limbo for several years .
Like a prisoner in her own country.
She stands by her husband and will continue to fight.

They laywers are the only ones who really bennifet.

Well tired girl with earth in my hair and soil in my nails.
I need a good hot shower with a nice soak for my tired back.
I love it when I garden, I saw a rainbow all 7 colors dome the sky for a good half an hour over me today while I gardend in the light rain. It was in the mid 70*'s.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Wonderful.

Denise said...

Oh I love to dig in the dirt! My grandmother instilled that in my at a very early age.... I am hoping to plant a very small garden this spring.. My sweet hubby is going to build me a raised garden, it will be easier on my back........ Just room enough for some tomatoes, squash, lettuce and a few other things for salad........ Wish me luck !

Michele Williams said...

Great post! I used to enjoy gardening until my body stopped working... but I do love a garden! great blog... blessings

Denise said...

Come on over when you can.. I have tagged you for a Meme......

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness