Monday, January 19, 2009

lessons, toys and vet bills

good evening

What a nice day here.
The children had the morning to play in the yard and at the computer.
They squabbled once and I told them they were not allowed to speak to each other for 30 minutes , at 15 they came to me to tell me they were ready to get along. Dove had told Dash that he slept like a baby, he took it as an offense. :)

We went out to shop after some business matters.
I had the kids count up all the allowance.
I asked them for the 10% (around) that was to be set aside.
Dash was very guarded he said "no your gonna take it away"...
I told him " no, I am going to set it aside for charity until you are ready to "give it freely".
He took great pause at that. I labeled them each a baggie and put the money in it and set it on my key board.

Then we readied ourselves to leave. I have worked hard on teaching them not to spend it all at once. They saved now for two months. It seamed the perfect day to take the time for the moral/financial lessons.
We loaded in the car just after Dash came to me with his charity bag, handed it to me as did Dove and we put it in the bag of medical supplies set for the clinic that serves those who need help.
If you are in Phoenix, call St Vincent De Paul head office, they can tell you what church you can drop things off at for the clinic on ? St.

We went to the first Wal-mart they did not have the toy of choice. I watched those two grow in character as they walked away (by their own choice) to go to another store to see if they could find it there. Second Wal-mart Nope...they walked away again a little stressed but having dealt well with waiting and not finding it . We spoke about the economy and how things are going in our Country due to choices of so many of us who errored. Then at the third store....It was shut down and abandoned . Could not have been more perfect!
We drove away talking about how things are a happening in our country and we are so very blessed. Thinking of those who are less fortunate.
They were then more EGAR to share their charity bags! Cool!
We went to another store and I told them that this is the last one.
We were ready to go home to eat.
We eat at home only now.
They made a choice, calculated and changed their minds three times baced on the fact ( i had no cash with me...they had to cover their own purchase...poor babies.naaaaaaaaa
Blessed children! Wow what a wonderful mommy day. I loved seeing the character stretch. I did not have a headache and was able to patiently stand with and walk them through the expierence. Dove came to me at the last store, she reached you and kissed me and said "thanks mom".

Vet bills


Our Golden had surgery scheduled for tomoorow.
The vets office called to tell me that the girl who gave memthe quote made a huge mistake. she quoted me $250. it was really more like $650.!
I have saved all month like a tight mizer to come up with enough to cover the blood work to keep the dog safe and I was rather upset to say the least.
The woman on the phone walked through it with me and was going to call the vet and present my case that it was not my error.
The one who made the mistake was severly repromanded.
The vet had had to exit early to fetch a child from childcare. We had no school here.
After calming I later thought about the hearts involved, the stress, anger, time and energy. The hardships of a simple error. An error that could be made by anyone.
I had hoped that perhaps the girl would plead my case and the vet would give me faver eat the loss and dog get surgery.
I thought about the vets heart, she owns a business, has employees (one who no doubt feels pretty bad about herself). She has a family to raise.
There is no way that I can come up with any more even if she does lower the price.
So I let go.
I called the girl I had talked with and told her that I let go, that her heart, the vets heart, and the girl who made the mistake are all more important than a dog.
The release of stress was a wonderful gift to give my own heart.
Love. I told the girl to tell the vet...that I loved her.
Our Goldens eye will be alright, in time her life will pass she is 10 years old now. She has a good life. Her eye is not too terribly bothersome. If it is a cancer we are not able to address that any farther. She has a good 5 years ldft of her longevity.
I let it go, she is Gods.
As am I.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness