Friday, January 23, 2009

Medical Mystery and the field trip

written last night
Here is the scoop.
The fax to the lab for the dna draw was not received so that work is now delayed . I got the calls in and the orders re faxed and such. So I called the fellow who will be doing the dementia testing and I am not sure the scoop, but either he is giving me favor or perhaps something is up. His office girl said they got the reports on the other blood work and the history of the test from four years ago. The Doctor does not usually work on Fridays , but on February 9 th he will so that I come in to do the testing. A 2-3 hour run of cognitive functioning tests.
I got the MRI'S and the films even from my eye are showing the white spots clearly. If I am not mistaken larger than four years ago.
That is just my eye I am not skilled so I am not sure what any of that might mean.
The EEG is set for the 28th. I called the neurologist back and they will have me see him on ?February 3rd. Funny all appointments are at 9a.m.
Then on the 15 I go back to the psychiatrist for his end of the aftercare. There will be the neurologist, the Psychiatrist. and my regular MD to do the aftercare. I am still a two-three weeks out to knowledge.
Migraines continue I had a two day break and now this morning once again I am made a war that tiny little soldiers are battling in my brain to see who can inflict more discomfort or pain. Little buggers!
This whole thing started almost 15 years ago while standing at the kitchen sink...I was talking with Mr. U. and everything started to go black and next thing I was in an ambulance with a terrified husband looking at me. Mayo Clinic found three lesions on my brain. Over the years bizarre events left us tending appointments doing studies to no avail. Four years ago I went down to my knees at the kitchen sink, I could hear and see, but my body would not respond to me thoughts or commands and Dove had to call the paramedics. They found then several white leisions on my brain. Two years ago I was losing memorie and funny things like my gait would mess up. They tested me for MS and no not MS. Thank God! So here I am now with cognitive and memory issues. tired and sore mussels and joints. The MRI shows the white spot now plainly. We can easily see them on the films. Migrains now have continued to change over the years where once just a numb right side of my face has turned into full blown pain and irritablity.

anyway...
Had a field trip with my boy today. I was concerned about the migraine and going on the bus. Funny thing a few minutes after the bus ride began the pain stopped and diminished enough the pulsing that I actually did not suffe at the play YA!


We met the class on the play ground and Dash's teacher (the one who has the strange shell around her),,,satched with gaping mouth as over 15 kids came running at the sight of me shouting my name and lining up for their turn to be hugged. It was so amazingly rich a moment in time. The teacher had a funny responce to me like she was struck with something.


Thats the teacher nearer the bus the other two women were mothers along to assist.

Dash was different than Dove. He wanted me there, but at a distance so as to hang with his buddies. He was gratefull I took the time to join him.
The play was "repunzell". The acting troup was from Kansas, they were amazing and professional. The play...well I absolutly HATED IT! For content it was terrible for a bunch of second graters. I did not know the story (I had no chidhood). It was violent a witch taking a baby then locking it as a child up in a tower. Then cutting her hair off voilently. Gouging out the eyes of the husband. Then both banished into a forest .He blind and her alond and aperantly pregnant with twins...who she gave birth too.
HATED IT! DID I SAY I HATED IT!
Oh for homeschool!
The kids were frightend and my spirit so disturbed at times all I could do was not walk out!

I had a wonderful visit however with the nurse who found it her desire to attend. When I boarded the bus she said to me" Oh I have Dash's inhailer with me"...
I felt so lightened a load to see her caring so for my child and the 3 others who have medical needs.
That was so cool!



I left them at the curb and came home for a late lunch and an hour or so rest before school was out.

Got to hold two of my chickens today .
One is a bit broody (Prissy). She is sitting the nest all day.
So sweet aI tell you that bird rubbed her little head against my hand in a return gesture of affection.
Mae Bell then while I was holding her seamed to stretch out her neck and press her head into my arm. It was much like the other recipritive in action. Man it was so cool!

Kids are a sleep Dove is coughing. Oh man... she is in need. I tink it might be sinus drip. I'll sign off and go tend to her.

Daddy man and I think alike we met at the counter to get the medication.
I got the dose and he just went in to give it to her. I love co parenting with him.

Well I am off to go visit all of you.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I am holding you in my prayers.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness