Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sunday Smiles




Picture day and Garden tour

I took a few shots of the kids yesterday morning.
I did not tell them or let on, but I was trying to give them a chance to practice the image that they might want to use for picture day. This was first pose...

She critiqued the images and them came up with this pose as the favored look.
She is so grown up!
She borrowed some pearls to match her top.
She wanted to look feminine like her friend.
It is wonderful to see her enjoy her beauty.

Dash got in on the act and I was please to see his interest.
He tried this pose and I said if you open your smile you might be able to see your teeth.

Tricky Mommy, He did and loved the look (as did I).

"I come to the garden alone...."

This is growing by the compost bin. The golden (dog) loves it.
Does anyone know what it is?

The green beens are really loving the compost tea they get. These are more than twice the size of the other ones.

Arguable the prettiest most delicate flower I have here.
If you even barely touch them they fall (as does the fruit they become)

Yellow crook necked summer squash!
Too cute!

The cantaloup is thriving and I have now found a few maverick plants around the garden.

The radish sprouted. So tiny if you click on the image it will enlarge.

This straw bed method is really good for the tender young plants.

The peas will need to be trellised soon. I had a wonderful time last night giving my beloved a garden tour. I was as giddy as a school girl showing him all the joy of each plant and flower.

These are the peas they are slow growers

This is the last of the tomatoes outdoors, but I have a few yet to re-plant at the kitchen sink. I thought I would give it some time to have the straw bail rot a little bit more.

This is Angle and she is wondering what's going on.
She gave me a pose ...

Is this a better pose...?

Maybe you'd like me to scratch and pick.
The hens are going well and will lay pretty soon I hope. They are so cool to have.
I think that they make good pets.
pearly is in the back ground she is the dark gray one (I love Tahitian pearls)

The kids have been exercising the use of hammer and nails. They built these signs and then placed them on each corner of the lot.

See the freezer box in the back ground? The kids are loving it! I placed a compost bin over the place the pomegranate tree will someday be planted. There are a couple of tomatoes still over here on the bails but this spot gets too hot I think, and I made an error in judgment by placing clay mud on the bails. It did not allow the water to get in well enough. I thought that it might hold it in. It was also sorta fun to rub the mud all over the bail. It needs to have just potting soil on top of the bails. Good lesson. I will replant these also.

Untill I find the box with my clothes pin bag...I have recycled this old laundry jug to hold them. Leaving them in the sun is not the best way to treat wood here in the desert.

This is the bottom of the freezer box. We are going to make a garden gate out of it with the screen that the folks shared with us.

The garden at the front door is thriving. I spend a lot of time here when I come back from walking the kids to the bus in the morning. Notice the hanging pots...They came from the dollar store as did the ferns in them.

See my pretty little rose that my dear friend gave me.
The flowers are so happy. I have wonderful orange flowers for fall!
The little plant was in a six pack last spring look at him now! Over 20 flowers await in bud.

The perfect fall flower!

This is doing so well and the hanging plants will hopefully overflow as well!

Look at the lamp...A hard hike...

This is too cute. The conqust of the lamp! Tackleing the light...

This guy lost.

I pulled this out of the garage and Dash has it hung now in his room. He has a schedule like mom.
It is cool to see him copy me in the organization. He had a note on his report card that he had a problem with organization, maybe this will be a good help.



5 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

Your kids are growing up! They just look adorable in the pictures!
You have some neat plants! I do not have a green thumb.... but it looks like you do!! Blessings, Grams

Photo Princess said...

What a pretty young lady and handsome young man! Your garden is beautiful!!!! Love all the pics of it. I know it is a dream come true for you I hear your happy heart :)

Amrita said...

Good to see all the pictures.

Your chicks are growing really well.

We are growing seedings of cauliflower, cabbage and tomatoes

Denise said...

Cute cute pictures of the youngens' and love the pictures of the Chickens! I so love chickens! One of these days I would love to have a few............. My brother had Buff Orpingtons for a while and I just loved them...... An a green thumb you have!!!!! What are the winters like in your neck of the woods?

~Bren~ said...

Gorgeous children...wonderful garden...beautiful chickens...perfect flowers...sweet Daddy!! You are blessed!!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness