Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Smiles

Happy Day of Rest to all of you.
Sorry for the absence.
I am getting back up on my feet and rebounding pretty well. The good foods that Debbie gifted me with have been such a help. I have had salads and soy yogurt. It is really inspirational to eat live foods.

Saturday Morning a new begining for me.
After realizing it was up to me to do something proactive to gain my future back.After a lot of soul searching and prayer I have realized that it is time to humble myself and join Over eaters Anonymous. I went to my first meeting Saturday morning.

It is a 12 step program. I faced my "first step" realizing that I am powerless over this compulsive behavior. No matter how hard I tried.
It was a very "Long first step " the meeting was at the end of a VERY long hall the length of a very large building. It was a very long first step with the walker. I hope next Saturday to do it without the walker.
I have been working on a few Earrings for a show I hope to do in November. It would be great to do the Etsay store too. It is in need of help from someone who knows how to set one up.

Yesterday I was able to make a simple supper that was so appreciated by the family. The kids cleared their plates , not a grain of rice left on them. It was a joy to eat a meal together. I have been icing my knee. It is doing much better.

My Dear Hearten Husband installed the clothes line and we are now up and ready to catch up on the Mounds of Laundry in my room. I have been unable to catch up now the last four weeks. The children s clothes were completed over and over but our pile sorta just grew. We are so blessed to have so many clothes to be able to do so.

I awoke just after dawn to a new day.
My leg fresh and the garden calling my heart. I fed the dogs and grabbed a wonderful banana. To the garden.

Come away , come away come away with me my love....

I come to the garden alone while the dew is still on the Roses. The voisce I hear ringing in my ear the Son of God disclosed.......He talks with me...
The furrow for the radish and carrot row was readied the other day, it was a huge task just to rake away the hay on that day.

I found the green beans loving life by the compost. Lots of compost tea here.
The trellis will need up real soon now. I think we will have the beans by Thanksgiving.

Can you see the baby crook neck squash?
A yellow summer squash.


Seeds are so beautiful!
Who would think that such a small thing could yield such abundance.
These are slicing beets.

I got the carrots, radish mixed in the long row, cooking carrots in a row on their own.

I planted the lettuces a romaine and a black seed salad? Looked interesting.
The soil under the straw was found to be moist and tender a gentle turning and I had the row ready. Yes..I rested after every few moments. I had a chair out there and just sat and enjoyed the hummingbird visiters.

After all was in the earth and a good watering was had a thick layer of straw was thrown over everything. This is working wonders on keeping my soil soft and the moisture in. A garden that gets all dried out is not too very happy. I so look forward to having a rain harvesting system by next year. I know it will pay for itself.

Daddy man mowed and we used the hand truck on one end to move the hen tractor. I raked and mucked and My Mr cleaned it up with a shovel. I am resting and that sweet sweaty soul took the kids to a local public pool to bring a little end of the summer pleasure to them.

Earlier we watched some home movies, the Mr and I. We took a trip to Tennessee and Kentucky in 1997 it was before kids.
How we long to travel more.

Please pray for my sister Carrie.
She is to have a total knee replacement on Wednesday next.
I believe the suffering with my knee is too teach the compassion that she is going to need to receive from me (in part).

I did not go to the pool to keep my leg safe.
The bruising is down, and the strength is returning quickly to it.
I will rest it the rest of the day...

Ice is a good thing. :)
I did not "over do it" this morning, but it is done for the day.
I took an afternoon nap of an hour or so. Lazy afternoon is in order here for me.


I received some thoughtful awards from a dear heart over at
"Talk to Grams"


Thank you Care'Oh' Lynn :)
for such a sweet thoughtful kindness...


1 comment:

ohiofarmgirl said...

It sounds like you are doing too much but I know that you must really love gardening to be out there working away in that condition. Take care of yourself, I don't want to see you have a set back. Prop that knee and rest! Dianntha

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness