Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday


Hello

My tackle was a bit different this week.
I went to Bible Study. Where I encounter opportunities to reach out to make another more at ease. In Arizona Mexican looking folks are even now encountering a racism that is alarming. I was the new woman and no one was sitting with me or even reached out to me. I saw a woman who came and sat by me. She was Hispanic and spoke with a very strong accent. Girls she sat by me because she thought I was a Hispanic person. Not one other person welcomed her! I notified the woman who was leading that this lady was new to help get her seated in group. The fact that I reached out started another. How sad is that??!

Last week a young woman was hindered by my request to share our kids names so we could pray for each others families, she "is very private". Well with some mild tension she disclosed that after all was said and done that during the week her teenager had her first minor encounter with the police. She said that she knew we were all praying for her daughter. Then she actually thanked me for asking if I might do so. I am angering folks and not even knowing it.

Well in class (a study for Mothers) we had several young women who had become Mothers before they were wives. I see the judgmental receptions they encounter and tackled the afternoon by offering hospitality to one such a young impoverished woman and her three year old. Her boyfriend ( soon to be husband) who works nights sleeps days and she has to keep a small child silent as possible (in a one bedroom apartment)(ha!). I gave her transport here and home and just hung out and rested while her daughter could hang out and just play. She is being wed in three weeks and so I told her I would be delighted to make her a wedding necklace. She has only raggedy jeans to wear on her day! I am praying for a way to get her a baby blue dress or nice top or something that will give her beauty to remember and treasure. The woman who brings her is not a very kind person (a missionary ???) she is a distant relative. Pride? The young woman (22 yr old) was rejected by her family because her American Indian boyfriend of four years looks Mexican! He has been a good father and provider. Her family will have nothing to do with her or her beautiful child! STUPID IGNORANT BIGOTS! ...ahum excuse me I get riled up! The three year old child is disowned by the maternal grandma (dis-respect intended!). She owns two t shirts and the relitive (the missionary) corrected her for not wearing a different nicer outfit?? She was so ashamed that she did not look nicer and appoligized to ME? She said noone will interact with her at the church???? She just moved here 2 months ago. I know only half of it yes...but really how risky is it to offer love, kindness. If I am being taken advantage off I am free to risk it. I think in this the risk was very low.
I shared my clothing and food with them. No, she had no motive to "taking" anything from me.
Sweet thing refused a glass for her soda as to not make me wash one.
I told he I would delight in washing her glass:)

Made me think I wish I had a bag of stones to pass out...Wonder if anyone might have one lefft to put in their pocket to reflect upon....:)
These girls have an abortion they murder their young, they keep the kids they encounter fundamentalism. How much harder this makes it for them to chose life. We as Believers ought make a way to be safe to do the right thing. Repentance does not excuse us from the consequences, but it does offer us unmerited favor with God. If God be for them so should we!



I am a mother of many. Now I see that the group I have joined has a root in Mothering these very young moms.

The class instructor was so started by my reaching out that she called to thank me! Wow this fellowship makes me wonder what I am getting into. This was just the second womens Bible study. I really only have met a few of them, not very open rather click like.
I think of Jesus torquing off the pharisees. I am just a nice wrench...hahah
Sorta makes me want to tip some tables. :)

I was exhausted by the days end.
I made breakfast cookies and called it a day.


4 comments:

Photo Princess said...

Hello Dear Friend,
I've been under the weather with a cold so a bit behind in blog reading. I love this post, how awesome that you are able to step into this and touch these young womens hearts. Otherwise they may sour on their relationship with Christ by the reactions of the people they seem to encounter. It reminds me of that song that goes, if we are the body why aren't our arms reaching..... so thankfull you reached out to these young women. My heart goes out to them.

Michelle Gregory said...

i second what Trisha said. your courage always inspires me. keep it up. i know Papa is smiling.

Mich

Talk..to..Grams said...

These young Mom's are blessed to have you in their group. You have such a loving heart. Blessing today! Love and a Big Hug, Grams

Alida Sharp said...

Those young moms truly are blessed to have you there with them!!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness