Friday, September 12, 2008

When it rains it pours...and waters the garden for you...

Hello, All
It has been a week of challenge ,trial and hope. One of kindness offered ,received and embraced. A week of great pain and triumph. Provision and urgency. When it rains it pours, and gratefully it waters the garden when I am not able. It has been the end of our monsoon here. So amazing all month that each time I was incapacitated the rains came and a shower or deluge watered for me and kept the garden going.
Knowing Monday that the last of the knee injections was to happen after Bible Study on Tuesday ...I worked very hard to get all the priority things done. Then for the few minutes I had on Tuesday morning after the kids were off on the buss...well it is not how I wish it were around here. Knowing however I have done my best I was pretty much at peace.





I loved Bible study ! The prayer fellowship before hand filled my heart with rich pursuits of intercessions. Compassion's for those who need them, as we all do. There was one particular soul who came up to me thanking me for prayer for here. She said"thank you for praying for me no one ever really has before"...This child is a mother of a three year old and getting married in October. She faces bigotry for her American Indian fiance is judges Hispanic and here in Arizona the racism is flourishing. I am going to celebrate this child by making her bridal jewelery. I saw what to do in a dream last night.
We broke into study groups and I joined the group on Motherhood. It was a varied group of around 10 ladies. I so enjoyed the shared minds and conversation.
Leaving early to meet Julie here...I got here just as she had sat down on the front porch...I headed off for my last knee injection.

My sweet "Jewels (Julie)" has tendered and transported me three weeks in a row now. I have made some decisions and some progress in my goals.
I had an Epiphany that just because the surgeon has indicated I need a knee replacement that I do not have to just resign myself to it. I have decided to join a 12 step program for over eaters. I am a compulsive over eater. An emotion, stress eater. Lord know with the stresses of my life that I need Him and I surrender. I need help. I researched a meeting and found on on Saturday mornings. I will attend tomorrow.

Well after the injection I extended myself within reasonable limits and took Julie and myself to lunch. She drove and let me off at the curb. It was a great effort to accomplish and at the end of it I was spent. Empty and needing to rest. Well...However badly I needed to ice and rest it was not going to happen...
The alarm in the deep freezer was going off! Mr U had inadvertently left the door ajar and the 100* garage had melted everything that was in the door and This time the 15 year plus unit was done giving us service.
I prayed and saw us at a Lowe's and with a unit replacing the dead one by night fall.
I contacted my Beloved hubby and he was on his was home early...Then It occurred to me that as I saw Dove getting off the bus alone that Dash had student counsel and I need to drive on that poor knee and go to get him. Both knees were a blaze but the right knee is much more angry and intense in the pain.
As I pulled into the driveway and the young ones ran in to potty and get snacks...My love pulled in . I got into the passengers seat and we all loaded up and went to the place I saw us going too. There it was but no apparent way to deliver it.


http://specs.retaildeck.com/CACHE/FILE19434.JPG?WIDTH=300
I knew that it would be here so I told the salesman so. I told him after "the impossible!" was noted that I have watched my God do it even so...Then he asked and it seamed no way...The kids and Daddy man went to go get the car and I slowly , humbly rode a cart to the door. Painfully limping to the car just after the sales man had had an Epiphany..."we do rent trucks and we do have two of the models in stock"...
I got in the car and told my Hunney. We were almost on "E" so we went to go get fuel and he dropped me off to go into a Costco to see if they had a unit. (knowing all the while the other one was ours ) I did so to respect my husband. I limped into the store and got a cart and rode said cart into the isle only to discover they only sold chest type units.
I met the family at the entrence and we all loaded up and returned to lowe's to get the truck rental and the unit. I limped back to get a different electric chair cart and was then met by the family. Mr U rented the truchk and I bought the unit, handed him the reciept and took the kids home. I called a good friend for help and the drive home was escutiatingly painful!
Got home and the kids got laundry baskets for me and I did my best to empty all the grains and things that could be unloaded and transfered it all over to the other freezers best I could. The men pulled up about the same time. They got the rest of the unloading deligated over to them and I inched my way to the sofa with the ice packs.
My right knee bled under the knee cap.
I have been down ever sence resting and enduring the painful aftermath.

Well Wednesday at 3 a.m. apparently in my sleep I rolled over just as My darling was retuning to bed after a bathroom trip...His knee with great force met my right knee under the covers and I awoke screaming. For three hours I lay trying not to vomit from the pain. He rubbed my back sweetly. Poor guy feels so terrible. I told him (trying to keep light heart ed) that it has a target on it.
So I have a bruse now under the knee cap and over the knee cap as well. Down the shin is beging to subside from under the knee cap. When it rains it pours. I lost my self controll with Dash and yelled at him terribly. I appoligized we made up but he is still angry at me.
Every day God has blessed my little community with a monsoon shower. My garden lives. The tomatoes will need to be replanted but All matters to My Father. My efforts are no in vain.

Now by Thursday (yesterday) morning life was not so great. My resolve was faltering and my spirit weakening. Loneliness set in and so I used my tools and reached out. Thank you Denise and Debbie. I needed your ear and I know it still must be cooling Ha ha.
I was so hungry and I prayed and asked God for help. Debbie my dear friend called. she asked if she could bring some food and I recieved humbly, thankfully. I told her that I was SO craving a red bell pepper to just eat like an apple, she was hummored and then explained. At the grocery they were on special, normally she never purchaces them for they are costly...she was standing there eating a slice of one when I asked. We both were humored and I really felt embraced , both by Debbie but also by the provision. God touched me tenderly in that red bell peper. I though of that old prophet who was given bread by that Raven. :)
She went to a store that has the thing that have no dairy and no wheat. She went to some great lengths to get soy yogurt and hummus and salad. It felt so good to eat salad. I had the soy yogurt for desert. The children all had salad and yogurt for breakfast this morning. Good , healthy foods like we were so accustomed too. This last month with the implant surgury and the three weeks of knee shots has been hard.

1647R-32607
After I spoke with Debbie another call came in. It was my Dear sweet Mother-in-Love she was concerned about me and when she heard the saga she wanted to go rent a wheel chair for me. We recalled that they had the walker. I needed snacks for the kids after school also. I have a little girl who comes on Thursday. Her Mother is a single Mom and the girls are best friends. I had prayed because I could not think of any snacks without trying to make one. The Grandparents came. Arriving just as the school bus did. The kids ran to the house with joy to see them. They had snacks. Cookies and pretzels. I had juice an the young ones needs were met.
She also gave me the cutest top perfect colors for a pair of capries that I had little to match. She passed on several patterns for girls clothing.
The folks helped me alot. Grandma tended the kids for snacks and Granpa called me into my closet and asked me to suppervize while he hung the clean clothing I had stacked on a bench in the closet. I have not been able to get it hung. The child who was with us told me how ..."I feel like I have two homes...Mrs J Your a good mom." It really was so sweet.
For three weeks now every seventh day I am down for 48 hours. All the while recovering from this implant surgury in my mouth. I might get the stitches out in two more weeks.
Rain, rain, rain...


FSA product - click to learn more Medline 4-Wheel Rollator Walker Blue
If it were not for the rain we would all dry up and wither away into complacancy. :)
The garden still lives, the chickens are getting big and I am doing better today.
The walker made me able to slowly join the kids at the bus stop. I am able too move me left knee very well. The right knee is not so happy it is still not too pleasant. It did feel right to give it a "little " exercise by walking to the stop with the kids. I think it is helping the bruse disapate.

I am going to try to do a wedding set for that sweet woman.
I may be doing a jewelry show on 11-15 to sell my art work.
I need to call on it. I need to do paper work and that is a sitting down job.
Well it is time to go ice my knees. Good day to all of you.
Thank you for your prayers they make me warm.

2 comments:

Denise said...

My prayers continue for you.

Talk..to..Grams said...

Oh My you have been going through some rough time dear one!! I will be praying for you!
I have a nice award for you over at my blog for you to pick up. Please take them both! Love you, Grams

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness