Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

1.
I was walking by the kids hall and they were heading into Doves room with towels. I thought about the relationship to water and or anything else that I might want to know about so after a moment I looked around the corner to find this...
Dove was playing yoga teacher to Dash.
They were making up all kinds of poses.

Now any one who does yoga out there I think we could call this one bummed in the face.:)

It was adorable. I think that they say this some time ago on a PBS show.
Too cute. They have been off of TV and all media for two weeks almost and the creativity is amazing!

2.

I was here shot... She was using the camera apparently wanted to see herself.
3.

She showed us what she saw.
The ever present dog.
I tell you a should of named this dog "Johnny" for Johnny on the spot.

4.

Oh yes I did, I thought it would be worth a try so I picked one up for myself at the drug store.
I do not have the verdict out yet. I'll let you know.
5.

I have used this sewing machine for over 26 years. It was built in the 1950's.
I know it like the back of my hand (or better).

It is time to become more modern. I gave some time to learning the new 1++ viking.
It is so full of bells and whistles. It even tells me what foot to use. I threaded the bobbin and have sewn one panel sides.
6.
Dove desired to chop the lettuce for lunch today. She was really impressed with the big knife.

7.
I boiled 12 eggs and mixed the dressing for egg salad. I put the dressing in the refrigerator until the eggs were done and chopped.
8.
Dash wanted to stir

EGG SALAD
hard boil 12 eggs with 1 tablespoon vinegar in water (helps to dissolve the shell)
1/3 mao
2 tablespoons mustard
3 tablespoons
2 dash paperica
2 dash's celery salt ground in the pestel
let the dressing set

This is a beautiful batch of egg. When I thought they were done. I took one out and cut it in half to confirm it. Drain eggs under water.
8.

"can I stir mom?
"sure"...say I The more they are involved in making the meal the more they enjoy and eat
it.
10.
Two choices within my peramiters...
Dove likes crackers
Dash loves just the salad
I enjoy rice crackers and lettus.

11
Lots to sew...
The bathroom cleaned and detailed!
I am so excited!

12.
Second load of disheds in before 12:30
Chickens are sleeping in the heat.

13.
Tomorrow is meet the teacher. and the last day of summer vacation for the kids. Soon I will have a quiet house again. The laughter and shouts will fade as the school bus pulls off down the street. I expect the silence to be deafening. I will be making three lunches instead of one. The Dogs will miss the play mates. Fall will soon be in the air. Hours of sewing and unpacking in store for me.
Evening of homework and personal relationship problems for the children. Learning all the new teachers and players in the lives of my thriving children. Second and fourth grades are the new lessons taught. My sweet daughter will be with kids two years younger than her. I do so hope she is able to cope with the new challenges ahead. I pray for her esteem and for her safety as she is so very vulnerable socially. Dash will have to overcome the hearing aide stares.
Oh Sweet glorious life!
I have not been alone from my kids hardly at all for 3 months now.
I'll go be with the little goof balls. They are playing TV with the puppet show house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Donetta. I don't believe I have ever left a comment on your site although I have been reading it for several months. I would just like to say, as a recently retired elementary school teacher, that it is parents like you and your husband that make a teacher's job so much easier. I appreciate the time and interest you put into the lives of your children. That you are fostering independence, creativity, and social skills is an added bonus. Blessings...v from n. Idaho

JUST A MOM said...

ok a coupel things what is that pink thing??? and don't you have one of those little egg timer things like I got? and also oh man I forget ya know thinking back some year or so ago and seeing how you are doing now I am soooooooooooo thrilled. You are able to so enjoy it makes me happy.

Denise said...

I enjoyed your list.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness