Friday, August 8, 2008

Ped Egg Opionion



I received a comment/question

She wrote..."Again, as a recently retired elementary teacher, I applaud you for being so involved in the education of your children. Parents and teachers working together make a huge difference in a child's success. Also, on a previous post, someone asked about the "pink thing" in the picture. It look like a P*ed "e*gg". If it is, I am very curious to know if it actually works as advertised and if you like it. Would you please respond to this inquiry as I am considering purchasing one? V from northern Idaho"

Thank you V., It has been warm embraces of such encouraging kindness to receive your edification's. I showed Daddy Man the one from last night and he smiled and felt warm inside as well. We appreciate it.

Yes that was what was in the image.
I have no investment or stock in any of the items so mentioned.
My Ped Egg Opinion:


Well It was my hopes to really rave about this item however it has a few design flaws.

I have done my own pedicures for over 26 years and I am of the opinion that a lot is left to be desired. It was my hopes that this might be a quick solve to a time consuming task, however it is not very easy for me to use it. The instructions "to collect shavings, use with the blade cartridge facing up" This is not as easy as it sounds..
.

If I have my foot on my knee, the blade is on it's side dumping the dust all over. Yes dust. It is not shavings but more of a filing. I found it difficult (for me impossible to remove the blade cover to empty the "dust", I had to shake it out slowly or have it spill out when I used it. The shape is nice, it fit in my palm nicely. I have it here at my computer to use it when I am waiting for a down load or such. It is too hard for me to use it sitting in a chair. I would have to bend my leg behind me at the couch or possibly on the floor.
I paid $10. for mine and it came with mail order form for blades and sand paper that adheres to the bottom for an additional charge plus S&H. The blade is made to be replaced (This is found out upon opening).

I love the shape of it but that is about all I like about it. I suppose if it was for a travel option or a quick solve. It is used on dry skin. In that it is unique. I have hands that hurt so it is a challenge for me to use it very long at a time.

I rather use my old method. I soak with oatmeal foot bath, then gently shave with a nice blade. Yes I get cut once in a while but I am done quickly, especially if i do a trip out of the shower. I also have a nice file with replaceable grit sand paper refills. I will try to find the post I did a long time ago. I love AVON's "foot Works' cracked heal relief.


2 comments:

Denise said...

Great information my friend, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your gracious post. The information was very helpful, and as I had assumed, it sounded a little too good to be true. I, too, saw it advertised for $10.00 with the "freebies" just as you described. I think I will just skip this little invention and save my money. Keep up the good work with the little ones. I'll be following along as the new school term begins. Blessings...v from northern Idaho

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness