Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Yesterday Dove was struck in the eyeball when Dash opened a marker. Dash's fine motor caused him to not be able to control the force and the pop of the marker cap left his little arm flying and then Dove was right there watching him and she was struck. The cap of the marker striking her with some force. After the couple of crying jags within the afternoon we decided urgent care was in order. The doctor had to numb her with drops and then stain the eye and look at it under blue light to check for her cornea. This was done with great struggle on Doves behalf. She was absolutely panic stricken! I was able to help her focus on her breathing. She felt bad about the struggle she gave.
There was a mark in the eye the size of a swipe of marker ink. We did not see any tears. She has a red eye but is doing alright today.
She and dash were outside playing this morning and she accidentally hit Dash in the eye with the business end of the shovel. He screamed bloody murder!
Thankful they are both alright.
Tomorrow is meet the teacher day. They are both excited about school. They are looking forward to doing homework and riding the bus.... Is that strange? Dash was telling me how he wanted to do his homework first thing after school every day. At the school they attend they have "Friday Fun" for those who accomplish all the homework packet and bring it in on Thursday. I am so stunned and amazed at the joy they have about starting school. The joy about learning and the thrill of riding the bus. How fortunate we are to have such a joy of going to school.
I was able to clean the children s bathroom yesterday. I am so excited to sew again. I have measured the bathroom and the yardage and made my first cut.
I am so appreciative of kindness . Bren sent me a great list of healing scriptures to renew my mind

3 John 1:2
1 John 5:14-15
Hebrews 12:12-13
Romans 8:32
James 1:17
Romans 8:31
Malachi 3:6
Isaiah 41:10
Deut. 7:15
Exodus 15:26
Jeremiah 30:17*, 33:6*
Lev. 26:3,9
Isaiah 58:8
Genesis 20:17
2 Kings 20:5
Numbers 23:19
2 Chronicles 6:14
2 Chronicles 16:9
Psalm 145:8-9, 67:2, 105:37, 103:3*, 147:3*, 23:1*, 30:2*, 34:19*, 41:3*, 42:11*
Job 37:23
Matt. 7:11
Isaiah 53:5*
Matt 8:17*
1 Peter 2:24*
Galatians 3:13*
Colossians 2:10,15
Hosea 13:14...I would use this if ANY of my children had a terminal illness
Deut. 5:33
Job 5:26
Psalm 91
Proverbs 9:11
James 5:14-16
Mark 16:15-18
Romans 10:17*
Hebrews 11:1*, 11:6
I Corinthians 3:16*
Romans 8:2*
Romans 8:11*
Philippians 2:13*
Romans 6:14*
James 4:7
2 Timothy 1:7...this one was for me!
Psalm 107:20*
For all of you who also are facing those challenges. Does'nt this sound like a good read.

Oh how wonderful the Word, living breathing and set to awaken the truth in us.
There is a dove and a thrasher and several sparrows, just outside my window. Another chicken showed itself a rooster this morning too cute. I am not sure who it is yet. That will put our count down to 8 birds. The goal is no less than 5. We awoke to the charming sound of a young rooster giving life his best shot. We were both sweetly amused.
Every tradgidy and every crisis is averted and managed in that place of ...all is well with my soul.
I am pleased in His presence. The grass is green in my own yard. I hope it is thriving in yours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list. My children start school on the 25th. My son will be in 2nd grade & my daughter is starting Kindergarten. She is so excited.
Thanks for sharing

Kristi said...

I'm so glad that your kiddos are ok. Blessings to you!

Nancie said...

Thank God for protecting and restoring your children. Thanks for sharing those encouraging Scriptures. God's Words are such comforts and encouragements to us through all the changing scenes in life. May you and family continue to know His love in many wonderful ways daily. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. May God bless you and family abundantly. Praying for all of you.

Denise said...

Bless your childrens precious hearts, glad they are ok.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness