Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday in the life...

Run your mouse over the post there are a few links in it
Well I have been using my down time to read up and educate myself on a few things. I found this on U tube...Straw bail gardening How much food can I grow in my own garden? We are begining a soaking on the one bail I have now. I think that doing this may be a great way to have a raised bed of sorts. It is also going to help me get started without having to move all the rock out of the flower beds at on time. I can move it out in the fall little by little.

I painted the coop tractor so the weather will not distroy the wood. We had left over pain that was used on the extieror of the house. It is supposed to have those additives in it. The girls (chickens) are growing except for little angle she is still very small. No more roosters I am left with 6 laying hens out of the 10 babies I got for $20. so I still made a good investment.

I so want a rain barrel I want to use the good rain to water the earth, it will give a water that is clear of tap waters chemicals and clorine and such, and be free once I get set up. It so seldom rains here, but when it does... This tells how to make my own:)

Daddy Man and the Kids built a table for the kids fort
. It was cool to watch them as Daddy made them measure the width (having to teach what that was) and the length. It was so cool to see Dove and Dash take turns sawing and drilling. Dash was too easy to give up. We were able to talk him into sticking with it. Then it happened he drilled a screw in! hooray! He felt so good about doing it. My man is so patient! We all just kept cherring him on. Dash gives up way too easy and so we are trying to change that by giving him oppertunities to persevier. That means we get to exercise persaverence too! HHHHA!

We tried to do a post for the clothes line and ran into solid caliche' ( Hardened clay)! Handy Man Dad, is going to see if he can rig a removable hook over the top of the fence wall. I need to touch base with the neighbor to see if he is cool with it. I think it sound so much better than a whole in the yard to mow around and digging in this hard earth is no fun! I found the 6 (?) line for cheep at big lots last winter. I am so looking forward to having it up.

The compost and soil is coming along well. I better tend to a few tasks before church. We are having a play date after. Enjoy your morning!

My knee is back and doing well.
Thanks for your loving prayers

We got the book shelves set into the living room and the cook book shelf into the kitchen also. Now I just need to find the books to put on them:)

2 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

hey you sounds like you are just rolling along,,,,, I am taking it slow and not drowning in my own stuff. I will call I still have my Mrs B every day till 1 maybe one day after her we can hit lunch or soemthing....

Denise said...

I am so glad that your knee is better.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness