Monday, August 11, 2008

Dogs, first day of school and deals.

Good Evening!
Wow! What a full day!
Last night while I was listening to the story time in the other room and resting myself at the computer I had company.
This was so sweet and so normal a beauty that I thought I might pause a moment and share it with you.
Recently a lovely woman lost her sweet companion dog (Rosie) of many many years. It gave me pause of gratitude for those dear friends I often take for granted.

With my Choc Lab at foot and my Golden at my right hand I stopped the world and remembered the joy they give me.
YOu see it has been hard won. If any of you have ever raised a lab you understand.
My sweet golden is getting up in years. I thought to withhold their names because of security for the family. Though most of you know them.
As the images were down loading I pet My dear Golden with my right hand and rubbed my labs with my foot.

He is so soft. I just find it so relaxing to rub him at my foot.
He will groan with pleasure, it is difficult to get up however from my rocker.
He blocks the way, all 80 pounds of him.

My sweet little girl sits at my side. She speaks when they need a drink. She speaks for them when they need out. She is an old girl now 12 yrs I think. I have neglects about her life with me sometimes. She was adopted from a hard situation and she is a necrotic pup. It is hard sometimes when a dog is a nut case to be as patient as you wish to be.

My beloved replaced the big board yesterday.
I am sure you can just imagine how I feel. I missed this invaluable tool so much.
Sometimes a home is just needing to be a little imperfect and look a tad bit cluttered to run smoothly and efficiently.
It is not a show house this is a working home.

I called the produce fellow and got a half box of scrap for the chickens. Went back in with the lead in adds and then scoured the clearance. I found several packages of T bone steaks, family packages. Now t bones can be best when to their date. You see that type of beef is good these however were well dated and so I just froze them in the deep freezer. Look at that savings. I left that store with just short of $300. in groceries and had spent only $131.! Boy howdy! With the free chicken food to boot!

The children were met out on the front porch , where I was watering the flowers as discussed. This was a ploy to use the watering /parental supervision to save face with all those kids who make fun of children who are loved and parents who are able to take good care of. Kids who envey often tease. So I removed the apperence of waiting to watch them walk home.
They were met on the porch with a cup of ice water each.
The children returned happy.
The food I packed uneaten for the most part for Dove.
Dove was well humored. Tired and mature about her homework and such. she made a good choice about reading before the TV show. I told her her options and she chose work before pleasure. I was really happy to see her doing what was harder at first and delaying the gratification. It was so neet!
She melted down a little at supper. She got a bit testy with me while we were doing the meal and table preperations for supper. Later she curled up to me and told me of her love for me. she said that several people were saying "you got new braces and you cut your hair". She told of one girl who was a bit unkind and made a face at her and it hurt her feelings. she really opened up and felt better for it. She has been pretty happy the rest of the evening.

Dash ate nothing! All day nor did he drink!
Needless to say when a choclate his teacher gave him had melted and gotten on his new pack he too melted down!
I was savy to the fitigue and possible stress of the day and was able to be patient.
However when it got worse and worse I set my boundries as I unpacked his untouched lunch and drink. I told him no wonder your blood sugar must be totally crashed!
He ate all of his lunch and fruit and snacks too.
Drank his cherry juice and changed into a very repentant prince charming.

This is 15 minutes into food! My Silly boy regrouping and returning to his good humor. I was able to easily clean off the chocolate kiss his teacher gave him. I also was able to wash off the nice note it was taped too. He is so dear, he then told me all ablut his day. He did real well with his hearing aids today. He said that the amplifyers were there and that the teacher had him remove them right before the bell. She acted discreatly thank goodness. He had a good experence with it.

I learned a bit more about the composting worms they are a bit harder to come by here due to our heat and few gardeners. I will try to locate a good nursery tomorrow to order some. I may be able to sell them back to the garden center as I get a good amount of them.

After a wonderful t bone supper we went out to do the yard chores. We moved the coop after the mow , and then I scooped poop , beloved mowed and I spread the straw at the side. We used the clean grass clippings to begin the compost pile. He dumped the grass and I then loaded a pile of straw onto it. I watered it a bit.
We went in to play with the chickens ( Dove and I) and then off to join Daddy Man at getting showers. .
Well I am up for mine now so I am off.
I smell of sweet straw.
It itches though!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your day.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I well remember the first week of school for second graders. Hands raised throughout the day asking, "When do we go home? When is recess? When do we have lunch?" It is quite an adjustment after a summer of relaxed schedules. I applaud you for your patience and understanding as your children adjust to a new routine. v.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness