Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cutting a melon tutorial. Composting.


By mid day yesterday my kitchen was done.
I thought I would cut up a melon for supper last night.
Here is how I do it if you would like to know.

This beautiful huge melon was only 69 cents a pound (a $7. feast)!
It is a crenshaw melon, a cross between a honey due and a cantaloupe.
I do not do well with cantaloupe for I am allergic to them.
These melons are so sweet when ripe. If you look at the very tip of the melon the end should look slightly green where the flower was.

I use a very log, very sharp knife this is a Chinese knife I was gifted with. It is a hardened steel knife. It looks a bit rusted because I need to steel wool it every so often.
After slicing the melon in half and scooping out the seeds I cut one half like so...

For the kids I cut the bites a bit smaller by slicing like so then...

Slice right above the rind. If this makes a bite too lage I slice this twice

The bites will just fall into the bowl. I did the whole melon and even sliced the rend smaller so that it will compost faster.

This afternoon there is only around 4 cups of this left.

Here is the compost scraps from the morning and evening meal and the melon.

Today

This is just from breakfast today and the lemon bars.
I think that I have wasted so much good earth potential for so many years. Filling up the land fills. I am so glad to change my ways.
I called the city and will have two 90 gallon barrels that have the bottoms cut off and holes drilled into then, only $5 each one time free for delivery.

This Morning the Teacher of Dash called me at 7:30 A.M.
She asked me for my permission to honor Dash with a role of
Class Student Councilman for Second grade.
This she told me is an honor that is reserved for students that show great responsibility.
He will have to stay after school two days a month for a half an hour and then present the report to the class. I asked him and he accepted.

Dove came home with an invitation from the orchestra and a desire to play the viola, I called and left a message for the string instrument instructor. My children are growing up. I am hoping that there might be a loaner instrument for her through the school.

My morning in the kitchen.

Morning time had me doing my kitchen work in the cool( ha ha) of the day.
I think it was over 100* here by 9 a.m..
So with the dishwasher humming, I set to task.
We are having turkey enchiladas, home made re fried beans for supper.
There will be lemon bars devoured when the kids and Daddy Man get to them, with much thrill and many hugs and embraces. My family really appreciates the foods I prepare. It gives me wing to take flight into the tasks.

I made a double batch.

Supper is thought through and thawing.

I made a simple suryp for sugar and water for the hummers.
I will still need a spot to hang this on over by the garden window. I thought to hand the hummer food over there and I will not have bird seed getting into the garden. One window of seed feeders and the other of the hummers. I won't want to leave my studio.

I have a cortizon injection apointment for me knee tomorrow. She got me right in. I really like this team they are very dear folks. I have ben praying for then this year and they have re-structured the office to reduce the stress on the doctor. How wonderful that he is caring for himself. He has an autistic son. It must be a real good change for the office woman/nurse was very calm. She remembered me and is very fond of me. I like that community overflows in my life. I may schedule another round of Synvisk injections for my knee. I have been very blessed they have lasted almost a year. They normally last 6-9 months! I am going to pray that my insurance will cover me again. If I get the synvisk I will be kept low for a month to recover.
A call in to get my finger print card is accomplished. I am going to walk into getting my "Certifide Nurses Assistant" so if I need to get employment I am set up well for it. I have surgery on my dental implant in a week and a half. After that I will see if I need to seek a part time job.
I will be getting the schedule for the CPR training to get the certificate also.
I may not get the employment but if I do I will be ready.
I will be working with the Elderly or with the special needs community.
The kids are home and happy. I met them at the entrence with a cold cup of water. I guess Dove is having braces pains from teasing. she was very upset when she first approched. The water and the anouncment of the lemon bars soon changed the mood.

I have my implant surgery on the 29th
The kids have a birthday Party on the 30th
The kids also have a birthday/swim party on the 1st!
Talk about Gods provision and the fellowship of good friends!

Speaking of that Please pray for my neighbor. She is having a duble Mastectomy next Tuesday. We are getting togeather on the block to take her meals.

3 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

sounds liek you are very busy these days doing what you love. I am so glad you get to live in your home again... good luck on the cna... as you will not really NEED it to work many places and it is abotu $1000,00 to obtain with 9 months schooling where I went hope you can find cheaper and faster.


prayers for hte neighbor and glad the kids are liking school.. or are learning to deal with kids there.

Denise said...

I am so proud of your sweet children, they are true blessings.

Amrita said...

Hmm Hmm the melon look delicious. we also have them in India, but only in April and May

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness