Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday Thirteen


1. My kids are lovin' the home made juice pop cycles. These are 100 % juice. Blueberry and the other Black Cherry and maybe $1.00 worth of juice for 8 of them. Very healthy! Very inexpensive too! $4. for the two sets of plastic re-usable pop cycle makers. They have a straw built in and the juice can be sipped up as they melt. On sale I can find a bit of a comparable at $3.50 for 6 of them. Dash wants to try Orange Juice or pineapple juice. I think a coffee with soy milk would be yummy!
2. I over heard Dove last night. She was alone with her brother..."Dash" she said, "you know when I made fun of you today... (he said yes) I'm sorry I treated you that way"...He said thank you Dove".
Then I heard her say " ...and Dash when I teased you about not going into the water fall that was not very nice for me to do...I'm sorry"...Dash replied..."I forgive you Dove"
Dove then added " and you know brother when I fight with you ,It's not o.k., I really want to be nicer to you"... He said Thanks Dove...I want to be nice to you too..."
I was washing dishes at the time and just felt the warmth of success and the joy of know that the future of my children is founded.
And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children."
3. Dove was "Board" ... "I'm Board and want to go for a play date mom...She said to Dash you go ask her... You have the cuter eyes!HA!
So she said I'm board... So...I told her to go swap the laundry she said "No", I firmly told her to go do so. Then I told Dash to go help. Then they had to repeat that they were board. I told them They could find something to do or they can help with chores there are a lot of them I could find for them to do.
I had Dash give the dogs water then...
I asked them if they were still board...I heard a roaring "NO MOM" then Dash pipes in "Even if I were Mom I won't tell you!
:)
4. I have 5 dove outside the window cooing.
5. I asked Dove to get me a snack and she just offered her brother one.
6. Beloved called and I told him about # 3 and then we laughed about me being a hard driver. The song came to me "I'm looking for a hard loving woman...One who will make me do my best..and if I find a hard lovin' woman I know the rest of my life would be blessed...yes,yes," I sung it to him and asked him are ya blessed. He said yes. I think it lifted him.
7. The kids pitched in and wanted to help make lunch so.. Dash stirred the wet ingredients and ground the herbs for the egg salad and then Dove asked to help. She got the plates and mixed all the ingredients together. She set out the bread.The kids ate EGG SALAD gleefully because they helped make it. Dove had most of hers except the crust. My kids normally eat the crust. I do not let them waist it. Dove with her new braces was told she did not have to today it is better to just eat the soft part. She ate it up!
8. I am enjoying the kids emerging independence. Not only is it lightening my load but they feel so good about them selfs.
9. Dash woke Daddy Man up with the "Your the best Dad in the whole world!" glee.
10. Dash loves my tools. I told him there is nothing better than a good tool to save up and get the best you can afford. It is better to wait and save for a good tool and buy it once. He said "Mom Lego's are my tools" :)
11. Dove is making those faces that come with new braces. She is trying to get used to them. she very seldom makes a complaint. Just if things are hard to eat. She asks me to cut them up small.
12. Willy the Lab is outside in time out! He ate a garbage can full of the compost type trash! all over the porch! I know that it was me who left the can just outside the door. It was while the breakfast eggs were cooking. I will give him mercy but he better not puke!
13. Oh those puppy dog eyes! :)

3 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

We love homemade popsicles as well. :)

in fact I just did an experiment the other day. I bought a watermelon that turned out to be too meely...grainy. so I threw it in the blender with some juice, and a tad bit of yougurt and honey. It made the most wonderful popsicles. :)

Amrita said...

Goody good Donetta. I want to make egg salad too. Tonight. We are having chicken, mashed potatoes, garlic bread and mangoes for dessert

~Bren~ said...

What a wonderful post!! I loved #2!!
We make Naked Juice pops. The favorite is the ugly green color. The neighbor kids think they are the BEST!!! They will choose those over the artificially dyed red ones everytime. How come it is more expensive to by healthy??? It is like a plot or something!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness