Monday, June 9, 2008

Getting Braces Little Doves Big Adventure


Oh how very privileged she is to get to have these.
I am so glad we can do this for her.

When they called dove to come back I approached her and told her to come along...
"I'M not going!...this is not happening!" She said...and teared up

Linda our tech was awesome! She was so patient and gentle and went slowly with Dove.
My dove cried , scared...I held her legs and Linda spoke softly and let Dove tell her worries. She consoled and lovingly stroked her head. Dove began to panic!

She was trying so hard to be brave. She was scared then angry and then resigned. She clung onto me like a vice. I had to lay across her legs to keep her grounded. I explained to Linda that she has Sensory Integration issues and that she free floats in space. Linda told her to keep her eyes open and to look into her eyes. I told dove to think about her Tree house that she is building as an adult. To pretend to paint the walls. She began to have a panic attack and was able to defuse.
Bless God!

She was terrified until after the first bracket was glued on. We let her calm and then told her that it was going to just happen like that over and over as we do all the teeth. She was much calmer.
Dash was around the corner very patiently awaiting. The normally one hour appointment was 2 hours long to give Dove the ease she needed. They were so fantastic! Her special needs were cared for. I had to stop the girl at this point for she had Latex gloves on! I asked her to please remove them. She said oh it is most often just the dust.." I said "no I am allergic". She said "well in the future you should have us flag her chart"...I said ..."I did" She finished that tooth and left to get different gloves. She returned and told me that she was sorry that it was an oversight it was flagged on her chart, and that she had informed the doctor of her mistake. I washed Doves face off with a paper towel. I told her..."I am going to be kissing that sweet little face and I just cannot risk an asthma attack."


This is after the brackets or glued in place.

This is "what did you do?"

This is "Oh I can still smile"
She renced and saw her self in the mirror and said "I look ridiculous!" Just then a very sweet 16 yr old piped up "no you don't!, It will get easier...you'll see"
Oh blessed youth of that girl and to be so supportive of dove that way.
Dash then saw her and said "COOL, those are pretty!"


Back to the chair for wires and bands.
Again she needed me to lay my body across her legs and I helped to call her into relaxing her toe, legs, bum, arms hand and so on. It really helped her and she showed a good measure of control over her anxiety disorder. I told her that she was useing her tools. How grown up she was.

Blue Bands thank you....
Dash was so very curious and had to come see what was happening.
He was so patient while we worked.

We came home and had lunch.
Then as a special joy we all drove over to our dear friends.

My sweet Sis is ill with the dizzies,
Please pray for her.
She did not feel much up to a visit so she excused me to go do my grocery shopping. I borrowed her ice chest and did so.


Child's Play.
He son just learned two songs on guitar (six months of lessons and practice) he did a great job!
Dove was warmly accepted by her friends and feels good about herself in her new braces.
She is cute as a bugs ear!

2 comments:

Amy said...

It's been forever since I've been able to stop by and say Hello! I have so much catching up to do and am looking forward to reading about your family!

And I think she looks as beautiful as always with her braces. Back in our day the braces were huge and ugly, but now they are barely noticeable.

I will pray for her as she gets used to them and for any pain she might endure.

Well, I need to go read some more about your wonderful family!

Hugs! Amy

JUST A MOM said...

woohoo you go Becca your gunna be beautiful you will see!!!!!!!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness