Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday


"5 minutes for Mom"

Today at 5 minutes for mom, she spoke to my heart. It has been a tough time at the "life Uncommon". I have been battling Depression/Anxiety disorder brought on by the intense stress of the journey. My Brain Chemical balance has suffered just too many a blows. So I have been a bit off my normal self.
I have been getting my medications balanced and it has been so very difficult. Lethargy being a side effect is one that just plain goes against my own personality. Embarrassed over it I have sorta pulled back.
This morning I was aware that by accident I took my Medication twice last light. That left me somewhat incapacitated until well after 11 a.m..
I have been doing research to make sure I am an the right type of medication and am pleased to find that I am.
I found a helpful web sight www.amenclinics.com
This was on the local PBS station the other night and I have been reading. I hope to find the book when I can budget it. I think it may be very helpful to get my brain health in order. This information can really take away the stigma from folks who suffer alone. We can help ourselves to get better. It is a real informative study.

So this was my tackle today.
To fix a meal and love on the children.

Clean the kitchen and do some little laundry

I may do some more beading tonight.

Garlic bread My way.
This will produce a crunchy crust and moist salty tender center.

French bread sliced on the deep diagonal.

REAL BUTTER!
Yes, it must be done right to be done well. :)

Melt the butter, I find this works best.
It allows the butter to absorb into the bread.

You actually use less then when you spread it.
Shake the garlic salt over the buttered bread.
The butter makes the garlic salt melt into the fibers.

Re-stack you loaf.
This keeps in the moisture and then the foil shinny side in makes the crust crunchy!
Oh Man! This is desert!

Wrap the bread and set aside until 15 minutes before you serve your supper.
I have a convection micro-wave oven.
I use it to keep the house cooler.

Beef Stew
This is not Denty Moore:)

Dash Hawk wants to have a cooking lesson. This goes right along with my tackle for the day. One on one with the kids. So...
I thought I would turn it into a post.


Dicing carrots.
If you do as illustrated... you will have a carrot with a flat surface this helps keep you safe as you first slice then cube into smile pieces.

See how if you slice it first in half and place the flat side down... Now you can thin the slice again.
Now cut each half in long slices. Then by cutting across the length you create cube. Diced carrots.:) Mine are organic. These can be purchased frozen but have little comparison to the real thing.

Dash thinks this is cool!
I dice all ingredients very fine.
Dove got braces yesterday, and My Uncommon a new crown today.
Dental Mercy :)

Standing rib roast left overs from steaks broiled the other night. The standing rib roast was purchased and frozen at Easter. It was a $60 roast for $12. due to a seasonal add. I got a few of them and froze them. As I use the roast I cut them down as steaks in the summer as to not run the oven for hours roasting a large roast.

De fat now, dice and set aside.

Hot pan...cold Olive oil just to cover bottom of pan.
Diced carrots and white onions.


Dash knows this and is now adding the veggies when the oil is hot.

Now My kids DO NOT eat potatoes.
While you may wonder (in Russia the orphanage gave them potato water when they ran out of milk for them.)
The thickening of the stew is one that is not just empty flour or corn starch. I use powdered potato flakes
( I do not use the store bought due to the preservatives).


Sweat the carrots and onions in oil.
Now add diced meat to sweat out the marble in the meat.
No one likes to bite into fat!
This will melt anything you may have missed when you de-fatted the steak.


Other ingredients
Next add the broth, and barley ( a wonderfully nutritious grain).
I use my motor and pestle at this point.
I added basil, oregano and garlic salt into motor.
The salt in the garlic salt will be the abrasive to power the herbs into a dust.
That dust is one, to go through all the pot and season evenly.

Add corn, peas and a can of diced tomatoes...
Now add some Braggs, and some browning.
Thicken with the potato flakes when they are not watching :)


Stew and French bread
Life accomplished.


Lay out of necklace set and 2 bracelets for later tonight.
Oh ya!
I pulled up hard and pushed through too.
The family was so grateful for the supper.
It was a nice accomplishment.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

All those photos made me really hungry.

You work so hard.

May the Lord bring healing and comfort to you

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness