Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Thankfully I am able to stay home with my children. Yesterday I stayed beside Dash as he was a sick little fellow. . He had vomited on Tuesday afternoon. He had a hard night on Tuesday and then Wednesday he just got the trial of the year with the sick tummy "all day". He was a great little patient. Very sweet and agreeable and not grumpy. He is so sweet. I held the little fellow all day! How Thankful I am to heal his heart. You see, Dash feels inappropriate guilt to be held and loved on. His experience in the orphanage the first 10 months still effects him in little ways only parents would see. Daddy man and I are so glad to just be able to be here for him. I just held him, it was so good for him. I held his little head in my hand as we watched movies and I held the cup as he sipped Sprite to re hydrate. He just soaked it up too. His calm is marked with a grateful peace emanating from him. It was a lovely day even though he was sick. It is such an honor and a privilege to be here for him.
His Teacher called to check on him and we spoke. She touched my heart with what she said to me. She said..."that even though she will no longer be Dash's teacher that she hopes that I would honor her with calling her my friend. She said that she always has enjoyed every conversation and that she always wants to be counted as my friend. " ...How touching and humbling to be thought of so sweetly and highly.
We spoke of dash and I told her what a sweet heart he is...she said" not only is Dash sweet but he is dynamic, popular and very intelligent. " She said that "rarely if ever will you find a child who has all three things going for them." she said "he is a very special boy"!
I agree. :)
When My Beloved came home he embraced me so wonderfully kissing my neck telling me how very much he delights in me. I felt like I was floating on a cloud in his arms.
I was not able to go to Doves play last night.
However it was the play that her teacher and class and I put on for the nursing home last week. Daddy man went with her and they had their special time together. Mr Uncommon stood up for another Mother who was being attacked verbally by a woman. Hubby told the raging Mother that it was no way to behave in front of the children. I was so proud of him for defending the woman and guarding the children. He spoke up!
Dove is very proud of the chain necklace I made for her and her friend are all begging one now.


This is her tri-fold on Giant Otters. It looked very nice.

Dove is in the green. Daddy man was able to capture a audio of it. I am not sure how to impart it into the post.

This is a thankful Thursday Morning .
Our weather is now 70* It dropped 30* or more. It was 108* just two days ago!
Dash and I were rock searching and he found a perfect humming bird this morning.
Now if you know me you will appreciate the significance here. God has often spoken to me in hard times through the humble humming bird

This is sitting on Dash's pillow.
He said" it looks like it is flying in the sky for our sky is white like this, this morning"... We have clouds today with promise of rain over the next couple of days.
Dash has to miss the last day of school. Dove is off to school. I walked her down to the bus stop. She is going to watch "Pippy Long Stocking" today at school. Dash was a bit sad about the missing of the last day of school, but I must say he is really being a good sport about it. His teacher said that there is a few viruses going around and suggested he stayed home and away from the risk with his system being compromised.
This morning his lips are a little blue.
I am so glad he stayed home. He is watching Sponge Bob right now and he is softly singing. He is still weak though. Happy enough but weak. What a sweet little patient. He keeps looking up at me and sharing a song and a smile. What a gift this son is to me.
Tomorrow I will have both children home for summer school break.
My little girl is growing up so fast!
She will be in forth grade next year. She has grown up so much emotionally. I still can see the vulnerability but I think that by holding her back this year she will be in such a better standing. The maturity is now developing so I think she will be better able to keep herself safe. She has established her character and it is a strong foundation I am not afraid for her. I think that she will do well now. This is such a huge healing for her. I am so grateful it is so wonderful when we get to see our kids thrive.

She is gaining height so fast!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, what a touching post...

Hope your son is feeling much better!!

Blessings to you my friend♥

Denise said...

Such a heart felt post my friend, love you.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness