Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday


I was up at 6a.m. got the hubby lunch and breakfast (whole wheat toast with butter and a pealed navel orange in a recycled to go food box) for the road( it protects and the kids played until it was time to eat and then off to school. It is nice here in the early morning.
I cut up a nice big melon for the Ladies Bible Study social.
I drove around for a few moments looking at the houses we will be going to tonight. I made a pro/con list for each house. It is funny the things that are more important.
Then I went to the church and joined the others there.
We had a nice time and just after prayer time we were going to begin a study video.
I got a call on the cell phone.
I had to rush home clean up the house making all beds and sweeping floors and just overall detail so that the house could be shown.
I had all the lights on, the ceiling fans running and the incense was lit.The job got done 15 minutes after they were due...but They never came!

So I sat outside in 102* heat at the neighbors back yard with the dogs. For 30 minutes.
Then I came home and melted for two hours.
I turned all the lights off and shut down the shades and blinds.
I turn the house off at 1p.m. so that we save on utilities.
Tonight we go to look at 4 houses that are for sale.

Hay the house is clean...:)

I met the kids as they got off the bus with a snack and a cool drink.
My children are cooling off watching afternoon T.V. and resting.
It is so hot for kids here at school. This is a hard time of year for kids to play or be outside.
Dash has a tummy ache. He turned down a root beer and chip snack. I think he got overheated today.

The Dogs got over heated too.
They are both just balls of fur in a big heap on the cool floor.

Well...as I was finishing this post I heard a funny noise. It was Dash vomiting up his tummy full.
I could not get to him because the pool was blocking the way.
Becca grabbed towels as did I and I used them to walk on.
My sweet boy this is only the third time in his seven years of throwing up.

The washer in running on hot with the towels.
Well...now it is mopped and the walls are scrubbed...
He has a hard lesson he ate Pizza!
My allergic to MILK kid decided to eat PIZZA!
Well he heaved again and now has fallen asleep,
so I guess the evening of looking at properties will have to change course.

Poor kid.
Hard lesson to do what you know you should not do.
Ah... Motherhood:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so hard sometimes for kids to know the ingredients in food. I hope he's feeling better!

Denise said...

Busy busy my friend.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I really need your great housekeeping skills at my house! Pretty please!

JUST A MOM said...

poor baby.....

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness