Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Mothers' and Daughters' Blog Carnival


My greatest goal for 2008
Where my Daughter is concerned is to...

LISTEN TO HER HEART

My Little Dove wrote:
If you click on the picture it will enlarge. Look at that printing!

As I quietly entered into the livingroom to sleep for the night I looked in my bother's stocking and it was bar. So I glanced into my stocking and it was abundant with toys. I was so exited I rushed into my mom and DAD's room I was so joyful I jummed on my DAD. It was the most funniest Christmas ever
(pure fiction)

I see in the future no dog catchers in the world beeauze dogs should not be taken to the pound they should be in pet stors and have homes of there own and play with there friend and kids that's wat I think it sood be in the world I picked this one beeause I want it to stop and that is my gift to the world.

Mom I love the time you taked me to the moves it was the Best time ever the Best part was wen the girl went on the rope and looked up at the sky and her eyes shined like the sun (Bridge to Terribithia) it was the best movie ever do you know why it was with you and the time wen you wake me up and you say it its loud but funny and DAD remember the time you played with me and my brother you are the best mom and dad in the world
I love you.
Mom the gift I would give you and dad is 2 weeks in the mountains with him and with your paint set. You can paint the mountains with it. I will miss you but this is yor gift and you will rest and have peace and no fighting and no dogs to wake you up or dad. That is my gift to you and dad. I love you both. You are the best mom and dad in the world. You and dad are kind, nice and sweet. I hope some day this happens to you.


The theme for this submission of Mother and Daughters Carnival is

Mother/Daughter Goals for 2008.

I am so longing to HEAR (listen too, pursue) and respond to her heart, her desires and her gift.
Perhaps I can get her involved in some way with a local pet shelter or some type of service work and join her. Because it is important to her.
Perhaps more time alone, even going to a movie.
Set a dream plan to have time alone with my husband with my paints and an easel.

Our Dog needs training, maybe I'll check out the costs to do some classes with Her as a handler. We did this when the dog was small. If we keep Willy he must get some better training.

I have to work on her MET to address her learning disabilities and get the IEP in place. I will fight harder so she does not have to wait until March for the review. When School resumes next week it will be report card time. I must buck up for another run at it.


I have to consider whether or not I will get her into a psychiatrist for the OCD type stuff. I have to get her off so much sugar. It is really causing problems. Her teacher passing it out all day long is a real problem. The Principle is lax because he is retiring after this year. The psychologists is having fits. It is against the law to be passing out all this candy. I do not wish to offend her teacher for concern of resentment. Or worse Dove being singled out.

I must show my daughter by my own example how to respect my body and get it healthy with exercise and weight loss. To also show how to better care for her hair. Even if I am given a fight over it every time I must hang in there and guide her into the self care she so hates to do. (with the sensory stuff she is not one to comb or brush her hair and will fight you on it)

I will show her by example that a marriage takes time, I must show her that it is worth the efforts (a hard thing for us to do) to make time for our mates.

I must be consistent to stand up to her fits and refusals with a firm hand. It is hard not to get angry but I must teach her this too by example.

I must bring in another level of health education for she is entering another phase. Her age is bringing changes and she must be informed and taught lovingly how to embrace the wonderful coming of age.

I would also again like to attempt some sewing lessons with her and maybe to try to catch up better so she can be more involved in food preparations.
It can be very hard to work with a child like my sweet daughter they need to be given extra patience.




It's time for the next edition of The Mothers' and Daughters' Blog Carnival. This time, the carnival will have a theme: Mother/Daughter Goals for 2008. If you've already submitted a post and it doesn't pertain to the theme, don't worry, I'll still post it. And if you haven't submitted yet, why not? The deadline is Saturday, Dec. 30. (Click here to submit) The Carnival will be posted here on Monday, Jan. 1. It would be neat to have some first-time participants on the first edition of the new year!


2 comments:

Amrita said...

You have a very special relationship with your little Dove. Not everyone is so fortunate. its a God-blessed relationship

Anonymous said...

This was just beautiful, I could relate to nearly every goal and situation you shared. I can't sew, but other than that, it was so alike to things I'm watching out for as well.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness